Tuesday 27 April 2010

Dual Band - gigabit, dual band


Having purchased a Netgear dual band N600 router, I attempted to upgrade my older laptop to take advantage of the dual bands and latest standards. I bought this Belkin Adapter, based on it's claims and price, and am very disappointed. It will not connect to my Netgear router in either band, and my laptop's software shows it has much less sensitivity than my old Belkin single band Surf and Share N300 adapter.

Back on goes the older adapter, and back goes the "newer" version. Newer features that don't work (maybe it needs a Belkin router to work?) are weaker and slower, and a higher price.. getting too common. Belkin N600 DB Wireless Dual-Band USB Adapter (Latest Generation) - 80211n - Medialink - Dual Band - Gigabit'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • dual band
  • ,
  • 80211n
  • ,
  • gigabit
  • ,
  • medialink