Thursday 29 April 2010

Cordless Nailer - cordless nailer, finish nailer


I own 2 of the Paslode finish nailers, a straight and an angled nailer. Both have worked extremely well and are extremely reliable and consistant. It is lightweight enough to use overhead without difficulty, as I did nailing crown-molding, and powerful enough to drive into solid oak when woodworking.



I did have some difficulty with the Paslode brand finish nails in that they are fairly soft and can deflect off dense surfaces like OSB. I ran into this problem when installing an oak hardwood floor, as when you run out of room for the floor stapler up against a wall you have to use finish nails. The nails would sometimes go through the oak tongue, bounce off the floor and back up through the face of the oak. Decreasing the angle of penetration was enough to cure this. Paslode 902000 16 Gauge Straight Finish Nailer

This is an excellent product which has already made my life easier (putting up siding); it makes project assembly far faster, more accurate and most importantly more fun. The technology is significant and futuristic in that such a small fuel container can fire so many nails with such force. One should be aware that the device is loud and emits exhaust from the spent fuel with every shot - which is to be expected and has to be taken into consideration with indoor use (need good ventilation). But its performance outweighs all this in my view, along with amazing portability even compared with the CO2 driven devices.

I don't own one of these but I've had several occasions to rent one and use it for finishing up the trim in my house after putting down new flooring. I have no complaints and only glowing recommendations for this tool.



I hate power tools I have to plug in and this tool was so convenient because it had no cord and isn't pneumatic. Many people complain that you have to purchase additional gas cannisters for the Paslode nailers but I think that's a minor inconvenience because it drives the nails to the right depth all the time and I never encountered one jam all the times I've used it.



I plan on purchasing one used when the price comes down a bit. I may get lucky or hopefully they'll come out with a newer model and the old ones will be discounted. If they do, I'll snatch one up because I can find many uses for it.

Nothing but impressed with this nailer. Have not had any problems with this unit at all, having shot many 2 inch nails. The air compressor gets to rest finally, thank goodness. No more lugging it up stairs or in the truck either. The exhaust smell reminds me of firecrackers of bygone years but is not a problem. It should be noted that I also bought the 18 guage after shooting the 16 guage for a few months. It's more convenient and quicker not having to lug the compressor and hose around. No problems sinking nails, just push the tip all the way down on the surface to be nailed.

I love the Paslode cordless products. I've been using a cordless framer for over a year with no problems. I used the finish nailer years ago working as a finish carpenter, and loved it then. Now that I'm on my own working as a Cabinetmaker, I love not having a compressor and hose to deal with...just grab and go--in the shop or in the field. Get yourself one of these!

THIS NAILER IS FANTASTIC! JUST CHARGE UP YOUR BATTERY (TAKES ABOUT 2 HOURS FOR FULL CHARGE) AND PLUG IN A FUEL CELL AND SOME 16 GA NAILS AND YOUR GOOD TO GO. BATTERY WILL LAST FOR 4000 NAILS AND FUEL CELL LASTS FOR ABOUT 1200 NAILS. COMES WITH NICE CASE AND BATTERY CHARGER, BUT YOU HAVE TO BUY YOUR FUELS CELLS AND NAILS SEPARATELY. WHOEVER DESIGNED THIS TOOL IS A GENIUS. THE DEWALT NAILER WITH 18 VOLT BATTERY WEIGHS JUST OVER 8 LB., BUT THIS PASLODE WITH A 6 VOLT BATTERY AND FUEL CELL WEIGHS JUST OVER 4 LBS. GET ONE AND YOU'LL BE LOOKING FOR THINGS TO NAIL!!

.



My husband uses this item and said the following about it:



"This is truly the very best cordless nail gun on the market today. It's perfect for either the professional carpenter or for the weekend DIY woodworking enthusiast. It weighs under 5 pounds when fully loaded with the battery, fuel cell, and the nails. It is easy to operate and it is rare that it jams, and if it does, it clears easily. I highly recommend this item and now that I've found the Paslode line, I know I'll be picking up a few more to add to my arsenal."

This nailer is easy to maintain and operate.

It saves so much time working on projects that would be near impossible to do with a hammer. I've used this to install complex wall and ceiling trim, wainscoting and just general use. Excellent product. - Gas Fired Nailer - Cordless Nailer - Tools - Finish Nailer'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information