Tuesday 27 April 2010

Cycling


I wrote a review on the front brake. Product is great, but comes set up with the wide spacers. I switched to the narrow spacers and it worked great. On another note, I bought the matching front and back brakes, and I could not tell the difference between them. Shimano BR-M422 Acera Bicycle V-Brake (Front, Black)

I replaced the old cantilever brakes on my bike with these V-brakes, and they've made a huge difference! So much easier to adjust and maintain, and a tighter grip on the wheel rims means better braking efficiency. Make sure that your brake levers can handle the longer travel required for the cables. If the levers can only handle short-pull cables, then you may not have enough control over braking, i.e. the brakes will come on too hard too fast.

Purchased these V-brakes to replace an older pair on a hybrid and couldn't be more pleased. Shipping arrived one day early, installation was easy and packaging provided easy to follow directions if needed. So pleased I purchased a second pair for a second bike. Don't waste any more time and money, buy these brakes, you won't be disappointed.

I wanted to replace my Cantilever Brakes with V-Brakes. After a little research, I pulled the trigger and bought both a front and rear set. I installed them with very little trouble on my Fuji AX-360 26" MTB. They aren't too heavy, look great, and above all function exceptionally well. The only think to be mindful of is that you will need a noodle and dust book. What you see is what you get: brake arms and pads.

The C-Star linear pull brake on the rear of my new Schwinn had a problem with a weak spring essentially not allowing the brake to be centered, instead of dealing with pacific cycle and probably having to send the bike back or at least the component back I ordered this. Out of the box you feel the difference in terms of quality construction and finish, additionally the design of the spring system makes so much more sense, allowing you to easily release tension without having a spring jam into your fingertip is definitely a plus. They came out of the box ready to go already balanced with plenty of spring tension and fit my relatively narrow aero rims (Tire size is 700*38c but I could easily get a 700*32c on) the pads are slightly thin but they have a large surface area and don't deflect as much as regular pads thus limiting mushy braking. The only issue was the noodle sleeve (e.g. round hollow thing that attaches to the plastic coming from the frame tube (tough to explain) was too small thus I had to reuse the ferrule from my old linear brake (no issue at all) once the brake was on though the difference was amazing tons of power (as you get with V/Linear Brakes)but with a fantastic amount of nuance plus it was nice to know on the descents you could really put some power into the rim. The front linears are fine on my bike but I am going to order an additional set for upfront once my pads wear down (brake caliper is only 6 bucks more than buying new pads. All in all buy these, they are well worth the 10 buck investment for a solid and effective braking system.

The existing brake on my hybrid bike will attach to the rim and will not release properly. I always had to adjust the brake shoe with my hand every time I press the brake.

I did not want to spend lot of money on a new brake. I came across this one in amazon and anted to give a try after reading other reviews. It worked to my expectations.

I spent a few more bucks on these over the other bargain brand. I gotta say that these brakes are perfect. Its as if they were designeed exactly for my bike. Installation was a breeze. Worth every penny! Definately recommend these brakes as a replacement set over the originals.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Cycling Cycling Cycling