Tuesday 27 April 2010

Hoover Turbine Attatchment - hoover turbine attatchment, vacuum cleaner accessory


It works well- fit perfectly on my Dyson and is a great help with stairs. My only negative is that the casing pops apart at times. but it is easy to fix and worth it for the lower price than the dyson model! Hoover Turbine Powered Hand Tool, 40200013

Did I just get a bad one?? I bought the tool to use on my stairs and as soon as you put any amount of pressure down it stops spinning. What's the point of a turbine brush if it doesn't spin? A waste of money...

These devices wear out after about a year or 2 and when i tried to get a replacment they wanted a huge amount of money. i found these at Amazon and bought 2. Works great i will continue to buy as long as they sell them. i use them for vacuuming my stairs.

I ordered the Hoover Turbine Powered Hand Tool from Portable Guy. They got it to me fast and everything was in order. Bad news. It was the wrong part. The confusion belongs to both Hoover and Portable Guy. It turns out Hoover makes many Turbine Powered Hand Tools and in my case, the packaging does not even call the part a Turbine tool. The marketing is confusing at best and Portable Guy needed to clear that up BEFORE promoting the product.



Portable Guy was willing to accept the part in return with no re-stocking fee but I would have to pay shipping. I didn't want to pay shipping so I pleaded my case. I even asked Portable Guy to explain how I erred in my order. All they could say was that Hoover referred to the part I ordered as a Turbine part, even though Hoover never marketed the product as a TURBINE tool. The marketing also said it would fit my machine and did not.



That's when it happened. Portable Guy turned passive/aggressive. When AMAZON agreed to intervene and Portable Guy sent me a return postage label, what they shipped would cover a letter only. The post office manager said he found it hard to believe that Portable Guy could make such a mistake. I suspect someone at Portable Guy had a good laugh knowing I stood in a long line at the US postal service at my own expense of time and money. They were right about one thing, it was at the expense of my time but not my money.



THE GOOD NEWS was that AMAZON read all the email exchanges between myself and the vendor. They concurred that I was not getting the service I deserved. They credited my account, gave me $$$ for a future purchase which I have already used and told me to forget about sending back the parts received. I donated them to GOODWILL which coincidentally, is where I found a USED Turbine tool that works GREAT!



I hated that it ended this way and suspect someone at Portable Guy was having a bad day but they sure seemed to have a LOT of bad days in a row. THANKS AMAZON for looking out for me.

This handtool does its job, I was pleased with it at first, but found that once you take it apart to clean the inside and then put it back together, it loses some of its power. I am not sure if I just didn't reassemble it correctly or what. But it didn't have too much of an impact. - Hoover Turbine Attatchment - Vacuum Cleaner Accessory'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information