Friday 30 April 2010

Skinomi Techskin - screen protectors, android


Size-wise it fits the screen absolutely perfectly, and it's pretty easy to apply. Each side of the cover has a thin sheet of cellophane over it to protect the cover while you are installing it. You first remove one side's cellophane and install it on the Droid X screen. Then you smooth out bubbles with the included cardboard smoother tool. Then you remove the outer piece of cellophane. I had some trouble getting this outside piece off because the little doohickey sticker you're supposed to pull to remove it came off, and so I had to mess around trying to separate the temporary cellophane from the actual screen protector. Ultimately I managed. There are also a couple of small spots along the edge of the protector where it will not adhere to the Droid's screen. This doe not really bug me since it is on the screen's non-viewable border. It's sticking where it is most important, and it doesn't look bad - likely no one else would notice it, but I'm a perfectionist. The protector seems tough, and the touchscreen is just as sensitive with the protector as without. It is utterly clear and see-through, and I have not noticed any difference in picture quality - no distortion (Planet of the Vampires has never looked better than on the Droid X - so cool!) If this protector ever gets damaged I will likely order the same kind as a replacement.



UPDATE: Nearly two months after purchase, protector is in same condition. I have not dropped my phone or anything, so in that sense the protector has not been tested, but it is still adhering to the screen fine and no new bubbles have appeared.



UPDATE II: After 6 months the protector is beginning to show some signs of wear and tear: a couple of points literally about the size of a grain of sand appear to be "disconnected" from the Droid's screen itself, but the protector as a whole is still very securely adhered in place. I'm pretty careful with my phone - I don't keep it in my pocket with change, keys etc., but there are now several small scratches on the protector. But it is, after all, a screen protector, so better it than the Droid's screen, right? It would be unreasonable to expect anything more from a $3 item after 6 months. It is still very acceptable, and I would not be surprised if it was a year before I decided to get a new one, and it would definitely be the same brand. Given all of this, I'm raising my rating from 4 to 5 stars. This item is a rare bargain, and I will probably order a couple at a time now to last me through the life of my Droid.



Hope this info has been helpful. Motorola DROID X Screen Protector (Motorola MB810)

First screen protector I've ever had to deal with. Cleaned screen and put it on there with very few bubbles. I can't tell a cover is even on there. It fits the droid x perfectly. No reason not to get this.

This product works perfectly! The cut is exact, and the protector is very high quality IMO. Don't pay attention to the ones that say the stickers don't come off right, they aren't supposed to! They're attached to a thin film covering either side of the actual protector, all you'll need to do is pull on the sticker and the film should come off with it. 5 stars!

This is the only screen protector I've ever used, so I don't really know how it stacks up against the competition. It was cheap, shipping was fast, and it was easy to install, but it's certainly not completely transparent. My Droid X has an extremely sharp, bright display, but it's a little cloudy with this protector on. That being said, since I carry my phone in my pocket, the protector is taking the brunt of the wear, so I guess it's a slight trade off.

It was very easy to install this protector on my droid X. It comes with plastic backing on the front and back. Take one off, stick it to the screen, then take the other one off. It is very simple. First shot - no air bubbles... It seems like this is one of the easier ones to install...Mine had a very tiny bubble on the right edge - but this disappeared under the edge of my snap-on case... so it doesnt matter to me...

The screen protector works really great! The screen is bright and there are no big air bubbles like there was with another screen saver I used. A cleaning pad is included to clean the display before putting the screen protector on. A great product! I ordered 4 more for my friends and to have a couple of extra ones. The price is really good too.

It's not a "Motorola" brand like the ad says, but it's a good product. Easy to use. Take your time when putting it on to avoid bubbles and make sure the phone screen is clean and free from lint or you will have lots of bubbles. Compaired to what Verizon charges for a screen saver that needs to be cut first, this one is the excit size and less than half the price.

Motorola's screen protectors for the Droid X are not worth buying.



1)The screen protectors DO NOT cover the ENTIRE screen, but only the portion where you can touch. I don't know about you but I want my entire screen protected.



2)The stickers that allow you to handle the product while applying it, is very hard to remove without lifting the screen protector up and leaving the sticky residue behind. You'll be spending more time cleaning that off while creating scratches.



3)The screen protectors scratch very easy. I am a male and I keep my nails trimmed to the nail bed lining, but surprisingly I get 5 long scratches within hours of application!



Not worth it, buy another product my fellow Amazonian shoppers! - Droid - Screen Protectors - Screen Protector - Android'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • droid
  • ,
  • screen protectors
  • ,
  • android
  • ,
  • screen protector