Saturday 30 October 2010

Maytag Filter - water filter, replacement water filters


I purchased a new home in august that came with a fridge that used one of these filters. I noticed when I would get water from the fridge water dispensers it would always taste metallic. Then one day the change filter light came on so I bought one of these filters and now the water from the fridge tastes great. These things really do work! They are easy to install as well. Maytag UKF7003AXX PuriClean Interior Refrigerator Cyst Reducing Water Filter, 1-Pack

This filter is easy to change - just twists out. A push and a twist back in and it is up and running. I had to wipe a little water off my top shelf the came out with removal. (search Google for your fridge type if you cannot find it). Mine was in the back of the top shelf.



It filters water. It tastes good.



Only annoyance is having to flush a couple gallons through before drinking the water. It would be nice if it was pre-flushed. This was annoying with the fridge water dispenser because it took a long time and I filled several pitchers full. I dumped this water over dirty dishes so it didn't fully go to waste.

You know, the picture shows a PuriClean filter. The title contains the words PuriClean filter. Well, I got the Maytag version of a PuriClean filter which lasts half as long. Six months instead of a year! Seems like very misleading advertising to me...

The filters shipped were not the same filters that were pictured.

I was disappointed and will be sure not to order from the seller again.

When I contacted the seller they just said the filter had changed. I feel I was given a cheaper replacement filter. That is why they were selling it cheaper than others. I ordered by looking at the filter and the number. - Maytag - Water Filter - Replacement Water Filters - Fridge Filter'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • water filter
  • ,
  • replacement water filters
  • ,
  • maytag
  • ,
  • fridge filter