Monday 25 October 2010

Inflatable Kayak


This has been a great little kayak and I really put it through it's paces last fall on a 5 hour river trip. It holds lots of supplies for a day trip, seems to have no issues maintaining inflation and the supplied spray skirt did a decent job of keeping me dry. Are there better boats out there in the inflatable kayak market, yes. However, if your interested in trying this out without investing too much money, this is the way to go. The boat tracks well and is pretty easy to paddle but obviously it doesn't slice through the water quite as well as a hard shell or the more expensive inflatables. I gave the boat 5 stars just because it's a lot of fun for the money.



On other sites I've seen complaints about the internal tubes being out of place and causing the boat to sit unevenly in the water. This is relatively easy to fix by finessing the tubes as you inflate the boat. If it still has issues, you can open the zipper ports where the internal tubes are lashed to the boats exterior and make some small adjustments although the manufacturer doesn't recommend doing this. Also, the instructions are not clear about the fact that the black strip of plastic included with the boat needs to be inserted into two pockets in the front to lift the deck off of the seating area. A search for the previous K1 version of this boats instructions also can show you what this means. The top deck and spray skirt are not completely water proof but I intend to improve that with an application of water proofing spray like the kind you would use for camping equipment. Finally, some people complained that it takes a long time to dry out. Well, if you leave it folded up or deflated, sure it will take forever to dry. I re-inflate the boat when I get home from trips an leave it leaning against the wall in my garage. This allows it to dry and less than a day. Sevylor Pointer Inflatable 1-Person Kayak

This is an absolutely terrific beginner kayak! Both of my children, 10 and 7 were able to maneuver fairly easy. My hub and I liked it because it's relaxing and it allows you to put your feet inside or outside while rowing. It's also difficult to tip. We used it on a private lake which allowed my friend on his speed boat to swamp my 10 year old daughter. She was not scared of tipping at all. I give it four stars because of the directions: They should show a full design of the kayak, including designation of blow-up holes and the holes for emptying water. Other than that, we purchased a second one for our seven year old son.

I bought two of these last year as an anniversary gift for myself and my husband. The kayaks are very sturdy and durable and they float well. The only downside is that it is difficult to get them pumped REALLY REALLY full of air, once you pull the pump away quite a bit of air leaks out before you can really get the opening closed. Also, my husband had the problem that the one pump hole behind his seat came open once while he was on the river. Luckily the river was very low and he had the pump with him and was able to stop and pump it back up.

We have had a lot of fun in the water with this model of kayak and look forward to many more exciting and relaxing days on the water!'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Inflatable Kayak Inflatable Kayak Inflatable Kayak