Saturday 30 October 2010

Gift Idea - fun, cook


My boyfriend & I always say to one another that we are 2 peas in a pod cause we are so much alike. Since Christmas is coming I was looking for a little gift that had something to do with 2 peas in a pod.



I came across the magnetic S&P salt shaker set, but they were sold out. I kept the link under my favorites and was checking on a weekly basis. I was thrilled when it popped up and they had a few in stock. I immediately ordered and before I knew it, it was in my mailbox.



I opened the package up and it's just so precious. I am tickled pink over it and I'm sure my boyfriend will get a kick out of it at Christmas. And I love the fact that one is a girl & the other is a boy. Perfect unisex gift. Two Peas in a Pod Salt & Pepper Shaker Set, Magnetic, Green & Pink Ceramic

I bought it for my boyfriend and I last Christmas after searching high and low on any and every website store possible, and found it here. It might have been the last one in stock actually. The box was all bent in when I received it, but the peas and the pod were still in mint condition. They are absolutely adorable, and my boyfriend loves them. A friend just came over to visit 2 weeks ago, and saw them for the first time and thought they were extremely cute, and he's a guy! Great item. Great gift. A definite buy.

Pros



Super Cute

Nice size



Cons



The magnets are strong enough to keep them on the pod if you are being gentle but if you were bumped on the way to the table with it I would assume it would fall and break.

The peas are very light which makes me think they are thin and might break easily.



General Info

The peas are about an inch tall, a little over an inch big--the pea pod about 3 inches wide.

There are two small magnets on the bottom of each pea and 4 magnets on the pod to keep the peas there.



Overall-they are just way too cute to not like. I'm not the most graceful person in the world so their fragility makes me wonder a bit. However, I would completely recommend them because I think it's very unique and sweet.

I'm not usually an impulse buyer, but I absolutely fell in love with these and had to have them. They're just as cute in person, and are a cheery bright green. They're well-designed, too, with the magnetic bases so they don't roll off their pod. Highly recommend.

My biggest concern when i first opened the box was that they were so small trying to balance on that leaf that I would drop and break them... then I found out that they're held in place by a magnet!! They are so sweet and lovely, i get compliments on them all the time. Everyone loves them and wants to know where I got them from.

It's as cute as the pictures displayed, and the color is bright and nice. As for how well the shakers work, I guess they work as well as shakers can, except that they're small and have little capacity for salt and pepper; but that was expected as I read the description of the product, it doesn't bother me at all because either my boyfriend or me adds salt and pepper to our food very often. So I guess if you just want a cute gift for your significant other that you can put on the dinner table and see everyday, it's great. But if you want "real" salt & pepper shakers, well, get some real ones. - Peas - Fun - Cute - Cook'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information