Saturday 30 October 2010

Cordless Phone Battery - cordless telephone, uniden battery


I was happy to replace the NiCad battery (as originally supplied in my Uniden EZI-996) with NiMH instead, but was worried that the charger wasn't designed for NiMH chemistry. Happy to report it works fine; battery shows no signs of overheating (which is the concern when using a NiCad charger on NiMH batteries). Talk-time more than doubled with the higher capacity NiMH battery. However it will take longer for battery to reach initial full-charge, given the higher battery capacity and the trickle charger in the phone. Not sure if charger has a timer cutoff or not. If so, phone may need to be reseated in cradle to initiate a new cycle, to top-off battery (as it may not reach a full charge on a single timer-cycle). In practice, i don't worry about this, and the battery seems to charge just fine. But i tend to make short calls, and keep the phone in its charger when not in-use. YMMV. If you don't get full talk-time from the new battery, it may be your phone isn't charging the battery to full capacity, and timer-cycle cutoff could be the reason why.



Battery had no markings, so i used a felt pen to mark it with spec's for the next time i need a battery replacement. I've seen this kind of generic marking before (from a local electronics store), and perhaps this is what prompted one reviewer to think the battery was used? From all appearances, this is a new battery.



I was worried that some reviewers had indicated it did not fit their BT-905 compatible phones. The battery fit fine in my Uniden EZI-996 phone. However i did notice the shrink-wrap wrapped the cable a little bit around the corner of the battery, unlike my original NiCad BT-905 battery, creating a different exit angle for the cable. That could affect the fit inside the battery compartment. In my case, it didn't cause the cover to bulge; had it, i was prepared to cut the green shrink-wrap back a bit so the cable could exit like it did from the old battery pack. [FWIW: The cells themselves didn't appear any larger (e.g. diameter) than the NiCads in the original battery, but i didn't use a micrometer to verify this (as the battery fit my phone just fine). Strictly a visual impression.]



I am happy with this battery. Have been using it for about six weeks now. Only gave it four stars because of the total lack of markings, and cable egress issue. It should have (at a minimum) battery chemistry and capacity marked on it. This will aid in future battery replacements, and chemistry markings may be helpful to recyclers. (It's possible this info is on the cells themselves, hidden under the shrink-wrap.) Extended Cordless Phone Battery For Uniden BT-905 BT-800 NIMH 1800Mah

My wife has the habit of leaving the cordless phone off the charger, so naturally, once the old battery wouldn't hold a charge anymore, I needed a new one. This battery went into a uniden phone and it seems to be taking all of my wife's abuse in stride. Everytime I need the phone now and can find where it's hidden, there is ALWAYS enough juice left to make my calls. I am very happy with this purchase

I am still using this battery almost a year later; it works WAY better than the factory battery that came in my Uniden cordless phone.. It doesn't seem to get a "memory" even though I leave it on the stand and keep the charge maxed out. Many batteries in the past haven't faired as well in my experience!



I used to have to completely discharge the batteries on my other phones and switch batteries out so one could charge while the other one was in use. NO MORE! No more using diode lights to completely discharge the battery units anymore either!

The OEM battery (model BT-905) on my Uniden phone was rated at 600 mAh, but the label on this one says it is rated at 2000 mAh. So far, it charged up and hasn't run down in normal operation. The phone does spend most of its time in the cradle, but the original battery was down to about 15 minutes of talk time on a full charge. I expect this one to give me enough talk time to make my ears hurt, if necessary.



The battery is physically bigger than the OEM battery. Sliding the battery cover on is a challenge; even when on, it pops up a little on the side. I can live with it, but it could be a problem if you need to keep a tight battery comparment sealed.

some have said that its hard to get this battery in their phone, but it fit mine just fine. its good to know that a nimh battery works just fine in a cordless phone. its hard to believe they still sell these phones with nicad batteries. I guess thats the cordless phone makers try to make money. i checked at walmart and they wanted 15 dollars for a 600 mili amp nicad battery. so stock up on these batteries while you can. by the way heres my phone for referenceUniden DXI4286-2 2.4 GHz Extended Range Compact Dual Handset Cordless w/Caller ID/Call Waiting & Extra Handset & Charger - Cordless Telephone - Uniden Battery - Battery - Uniden Bt-905'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information