Wednesday 27 October 2010

Unlocked Blackberry - unlocked blackberry storm, iphone


I ordered this phone and got it very quickly which was a pleasure. The phone came in perfect condition and is unlocked as advertised. However, the description states in bold that the phone comes with a 16gb micro SD card and original accessories. Up to now I cannot find this 16gb memory card. I have e-mailed the seller and am awaiting a response. I was very disappointed to see that I did not get this piece as I considered it a good part of the deal! Blackberry Storm2 9550 Unlocked World Phone

Unfortunately I can not says good things, I have complain about that Item...

When i opened the case and checked the mobile, I saw 2G function is not working, only the 3G functions is working.

Then I inform the Amazon about that incident. They send to my complain to the supplier, Supplier doesn't want to change or take back the mobile...

For that reason I am not happy to use that mobile without 2G function.So when you buy some electronic Items directly check and if some problem send back to the suppliers within one month.





Regards,

I'm not exactly a BB person, but due to conveniences with my friends and family I decided to migrate to it. I looked at the options available and came to the conclusion that the Storm 2 was the best option. The phone is just great! the touchscreen works very smoothly and overall the applications are what I was expecting. The only issue was that I couldn't make the EDGE connection work with my carrier. The phone is fully unlocked for calls but you need to verify first if the data connection will work with your carrier. Out of the 4 carriers in my area, the phone only worked with 1 (All carriers are GSM/3G). Also, the phone didn't come with the 16GB microSD card. However, this was easily fixed by calling Amazon. They were extremely helpful and willing to give me a solution so I could get this card.

This phone is really great. The capacitive touch screen is perfect. Once you fool around with it for a few days, you can figure it out. It is business friendly and looks very good as well. You have documents to go to view and edit Word, Excel and PowerPoint files. It is Quad-band unlocked GSM phone which you can use all over the world.

So, why did I give it only 3 stars?

What they don't tell you is that it is unlocked for voice but not for data. In other words the only way that you can get BIS (Blackberry Internet service) on it, is to have a company like Verizon which operates on CDMA technology. You can not get BIS for it in Europe or many parts of Asia. I am stationed in Kuwait in support of the US Military. My Kuwaiti sim card works in storm2 as far as voice and making calls are concerned but you can not get BIS for it.

If you live in America or do not care to have BIS, go for it. It is a great touch screen phone with outstanding capabilities.

I placed an order for this new phone from Amazon, The seller was JTOWLE... when I received the phone I observed that the phone had some glue stains smudges & scratches!!!!! It appears that I was sold a refurbished phone instead of a new phone which I ordered from JTOWLE.... I emailed both JTOWLE & Amazon & to date I haven't gotten any reply from either of them.... People be awear of the phones they claim are new phones when infact they are selling you refurbished old phones!!!!!!

Given the usability and power of the Blackberries I have used so far, I was having high expectations when I bought this Phone. But it lasted only until I got the phone. Setting up the phone was not so straight forward. Not because of the UI or anything, but RIM's much touted implementation of touch screen. While every other touch screen implementation is a "touch screen", RIM's implementation is a combination of touch and click. So if you want to click a button, the touch will select the button and pressing again to click will trigger a real press on the button. While in theory this can save the user from unwanted clicks, the main issue with this is that the click doesn't work really well in every part of the screen. Especially when you have a button on top left corner, clicking that will take all the energy you have. I almost felt like I will break the screen. The clicks on the center of the screen as smooth enough so its not a big deal for most buttons. Except when you use keyboard. I really dont know how a company like RIM is allowing such a product to be released to the market when such a big usability issue exists.



the next big problem with the phone is with the network service. While it supports data via Wifi and 2g/3g networks, I dont see an option to force the phone to use only the Wifi network for data. ( Or at least this is not so intuitive if such an option exist).



Installing and using apps also was not so simple. I downloaded and installed Google Talk, and on trying to login, it keeps giving me a message that The service is not enabled for this phone. I am not sure what this means at all. For comparison, I have done this on an Andriod phone and that was pretty straight forward. No issues at all..





In short, If you are a techie who wants some adventure ( really?? There are so many better ways to get the thrill than setting up and using a phone). Stay away from this.

Or if you need enterprise email etc and have an IT department to help you setup this for you, then you may consider this. Or else never even think of it. Android is way better for the common man. - Storm2 - Iphone - Unlocked Blackberry Storm - Blackberry Storm'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information