Sunday 31 October 2010

Tutu


I purchased the pink and purple color variety for my (nearly three year old) daughter for Halloween dress up. Because she is approaching the dress up for pretend play stage I wanted something that she could wear after Halloween for pretend, and that she could put on and off easily herself. I thought that she would enjoy imagining herself as a ballerina because she likes to bounce through the house calling ballet moves that she learned on TV and DVD's. I looked at many different Tutu's on Amazon Marketplace. This one seemed to be a good balance between cost and quality. Although (obviously) much more expensive than the little bits of net material on elastic bands that they sell in dollar stores, it looked as good, at least in the pictures, as much more expensive Tutu's. It also had the look that I liked, falling into a skirt but also very full and ruffled.



After I ordered it, my daughter, with typical two year old opposition, decided that she wanted to be a ghost. Having waited until middle age to have a daughter, I hoped that she would change her mind when she saw the beautiful skirt. I want to parade my beautiful daughter up and down the street looking gorgeous, not throw a sheet over her head!!!



I prepared myself for a let-down, like last year's LCD dress that lit up for an hour a month before Halloween and would not be fixed no matter what I did. However, the skirt is every bit as lovely as in the picture. It is very full and bounces and flounces as my daughter hops around (shouting "Arabesque! Brisé!")What cannot be seen in the picture is that the material is also kind of shimmery and iridescent. The material is soft and comfortable, not stiff. A child shouldn't have any trouble wearing it for several hours, sitting in it, etc. The softness of it also contributes to how well it moves with the child. It is sized well. I have seen cheap dress up tutus that say "6x" but don't even fit my size 3-4 daughter. This is large enough for inexperienced hands to slip on easily and should fit her for a couple years. The colors in the pink and purple style blend into each other really nicely, due to purple layers falling over pink between the all purple top and all pink lowest layers. It is satin around the waistband and embellished with a pretty satin ribbon.



Best of all, my daughter has agreed to save the white sheet over her head for scaring Mommy and visitors at home. Little Adventures Dress-up & Dance Tutu for Girls, Lilac/Pink

Fits my 3 1/2 year old perfectly. Colors are electric pink and orange. Length is perfect - nice and short so it does not get in the way of dancing. Did not make my daughter itch after hours of wearing it. Haven't had to wash it yet, so I don't know how it will hold up to washing, but I expect that in a garment bag it will be fine.

This is as cute as it looks in the picture. It is unhemmed - maybe these tutus always are. Hope it isn't a problem. Very soft as advertised and not scratchy. Haven't washed it yet so can't say how it will hold up.

I was sooo pleased when this arrived and it truly is stunning for the comparative prices of other tutus out there. Very fluffy, full, and flouncy!It is just perfect for pictures. My daughter insists on wearing a tutu everyday, everywhere and I will probably be buying another in a different color now.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Tutu Tutu Tutu