Saturday 30 October 2010

Digital Frames - digital frame, photo frame


The frame itself is great to look at and is priced great; however, when you compare it to like the Insignia frame at the same size, this product's options are extremely limited. The frame doesn't allow for shuffling of images and the max for rotation is 3 mins. Other frames allow for an hour or even a day which is very nice. I do like the way the frame looks, it's just too bad that it's so limited; otherwise, it would be highly recommended. Coby DP700WD 7-Inch Widescreen Digital Photo Frame (Wood Design)

I got this as a Christmas gift for my Mom. I've been watching for digital frames to come down in price, and I got this for something like 25 bucks on Black Friday. It's not worth it. I took this thing out to load it up with family photos before I gave it to my mom, and I was shocked at how poor the picture quality is. My high-res photos come out looking literally blocky.



I'm not being a pixel snob, either; the blockiness is immediately apparent at a distance of about 3 feet or less. Maybe my expectations were unrealistic for digital photo frames, but I thought I was buying something that would be just like a regular picture frame that magically changed the picture at set intervals. As it is, I think my mom would prefer a traditional frame with just one real photo in it to this little toy.



My main gripe is obviously the resolution, but this thing fails on almost every other front as well. The buttons are comically unresponsive and un-intuitively laid out; the menu is slow; and the supposed auto-rotate feature does nothing. This thing doesn't even remember when you manually rotate a photo to display it that way again the next time it comes up.



Bottom line, don't buy this product. I guess I'll look for a more expensive one that has a higher resolution, or else just abandon the idea of a digital frame altogether.

For the price, this digital frame is OK. It's very pixilated.



My biggest annoyance with the product, however, was that the package and manual claims the resolution is 480x234. After cropping some photos to that pixel size and loading them to the frame, there were large black bars above and below the frame.



I had to guestimate the true resolution which comes much closer to 480x266.

I recently bought this for a Christmas gift. Thank goodness I tried it out! First of all, there is no manual of how to download pictures. Second, I finally found out how, but it only did it once, I couldn't load more. Third, I tried calling Coby customer service to find out more information and they said the product is defective, send it back (of course with a 20% less restocking fee!). I finally found a way for it to work for me, using a memory stick. I wanted to see what it was like on the frame, but it wouldn't turn on....I've tried everything. It is junk, what a waste of money. Thank goodness I hadn't given it as a gift yet, how embarassing to recieve a piece of junk

This is my third digital frame purchase (and cheapest) and have to admit, it's more than comparable. I know that's not usually what you look for in a review, "well, it was good enough" but at the price ($25) "good enough" is fine with me. If you're not used to digital frames, you may notice a pixelated look up close. Don't worry, from further away you don't notice it.



If this is on sale again, go for it.

When I ordered this frame, I didn't realize I was ordering a wide-screen frame. I didn't exchange it, but most of my photos didn't fit in the wide-screen and when I zoom it or make it full-screen, the picture quality gets very poor. It's not a bad one, but if you are ready to pay for extra features and better picture quality then don't consider this.

The manual is so poorly written that the unit becomes worthless. Photo quality is poor when you do get it to show a photo. This unit was made specifically to put money in Coby's pocket not build a reputation for a high or moderate quality product. It is a shame to through the frame in the garbage but it is worth more in the garbage where it produces far less agrivation.

I will, however, remember the name Coby. Just for the wrong reason.

So i bought this as a birthday gift and now im stuck last minute shopping. It arrived quickly and all but was defective. The entire digital frame was shifted and wasnt aligned properly with the wooden frame and as a result an entire 1/4 of the screen isnt visible and its already small as it is. I recommend everyone to stay the hell away from this product as the wooden frame doesnt even look nice and it overall looks cheaply made.

It is confusing how to load pictures onto this unit, and the instruction manual is not helpful. It tells you which menu to use but that's it. The controls, located on the back, don't help: its counterintuitive and confusing.



Also, it does not indicate in the manual, on the box, or anywhere on the interface, how much capacity this frame can hold. You have to just guess until it doesn't let you save any more photos. i had to remove my flash drive several times and resize my pictures, which would have been OK if there was any indication, anywhere, of the max capacity of the frame. But it's nowhere. I also tried looking online for information but could not find storage capacity anywhere. Judging by the amount of low-res pictures I was limited to storing on it, I am guessing its max capacity is embarrassingly low.



A disappointing product. - Photo Frame - Digital Picture Frame - Digital Frame - Digital Frames'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information