Wednesday 27 October 2010

Third Generation Kindle - kindle accessory, kindle


I ordered these AntiGlare Screen Protectors at the same time that I ordered my Kindle. I almost didn't put them on because the Kindle in and of itself doesn't cast much of a glare, but because I wanted to protect the screen and put one on. I was really surprised how much more glare was cut. I'm really glad I did take advantage of this product. Oh...and, I only gave it four stars because I had a bit of a time putting it on just right. Not a big deal. CrazyOnDigital Kindle 3G 3rd Generation 3 AntiGlare Screen Protectors. Bonus wristband included

Had the instructions told me that the final product was sandwiched between 2 throw away layers, I wouldn't have gotten so frustrated. The 2 throw away layers have a tab on them for identification, and those tabs are stuck on with glue. Thinking one of the throw away layers was the final product, I blew up when I saw the glue wasn't going to come off without using Goof-Off or fingernail polish remover. Finally just by luck I saw the almost invisible middle layer and was able to finish the install easily. Communication is easily accomplished with better instructions.

I wouldn't necessarily call these screen protectors ant glare because they are glossy, but they do what they are supposed to do and keep the Kindle screen safe from smudges and scratches. These are pretty easy to put on and you can even pull it off and try again if it didn't go on right the first time. I got three and totally messed up the first one, but the second one went on great. Overall I give this a 5 star rating because it does what it says it will do: protect your Kindle screen :)

I was very happy with the price and fast delivery. You have to make sure to remove all and I mean all of the dust off of your screen. The small bubbles will evenutally disappear. Will be looking at this sellers site for other items for my electronic toys.

I was excited to get this product that sticks unlike the static cling ones. However, I was quickly frustrated by the poor installation instructions that did not show the film sandwiched between two layers with a sticker on each side. It appears that it is two layers with a sticker on what you think is the actual film that won't come off. I ruined the first one and almost the second trying to remove the sticker that wouldn't come off even with orange cleaner. It wasn't until I was trying to apply the second one and carefully trying to remove the sticker did it separate to show the hidden film that was the actual screen protector sandwiched between the two sticker backings. The third one applied with no issues to my husband's Kindle. I wish I would have read the other reviews before I attempted to install the first one to my Kindle. It was a hard lesson learned and a little pricey as far as screen protectors go.

I bought this to protect my Kindle screen and I love them. It was so easy to put it on, two steps and your done. I only had a few air bubbles. But, you barely notice it. It does have a little more glare then the Kindle screen by itself, but nothing that would truly effect the reading experiance. You get more then your monies worth. I don't know why they send the wristband, but my 6 year old liked it. :)

This product really worked for me. I found that once I had it adjusted properly, there really was hardly any more glare than the kindle has anyway. The only problem I came across was minor dificulty adjusting the protector so that there wasn't anything trapped between it and the screen, in order to avoid bubbles. I was able to press any bubbles out, so now I can only just barely tell that it's even there. I can only see that it's there because of a slight line around the screen from the edge of the protector. All in all, I am really glad I bought this; it really helps a lot.

After purchasing my Kindle I realized I would need something to protect the screen. The AntiGlare screen has done exactly what I wanted, to protect my screen without being aware that it is even on the reader. Thank you.

If you have a cell phone, iPod, or something similar, you probably have experience putting one of these things on. Placing a screen protector on your Kindle is no different, but it's somewhat of a nightmare to do (maybe because the Kindle is fragile and I'm treating it like my new baby now, lol). No matter what, there are always going to be little pieces of dust attached around the edge or beneath which create mini-bubbles (unless you are really lucky putting it on). I felt like the screen protector did add a bit of glare under the light. It's not glossy, but it has a matte finish that just reflects light a bit. I would get this if you ultimately want to protect your screen from dirt and scratches, not to eliminate glare. - Kindle - Kindle 3 - Kindle Accessory - Third Generation Kindle'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information