Saturday 30 October 2010

Blueproton


I think the concept of this toy is really fun, and my kids certainly enjoy it although you need to be prepared to search around for scattered pieces if you don't have a restricted area for shooting the birds. I find shooting toward a rug or on a table with a tablecloth keeps them from ricocheting all over the room.

First, the good stuff:

PROS: The rules are simple, easy to explain to younger children, and you don't have to know how to read to figure things out, so that's also great for little ones.

The birds, pigs, catapult, and the structure pieces all seem pretty sturdy. Plus my five year old likes to just play with the game pieces as action figures. We only got this game because he wanted some plastic Angry Birds to play with and this was the only thing we found that fit the bill.

The game builds coordination and (hopefully) a little patience in the best case scenario. But that leads me to the cons...

CONS: This is more a downfall for folks like me who can't stand tedious projects :) but I get a little frustrated trying to build the structures shown on the level cards sometimes. They are supposed to be grouped according to difficulty, but some of the Level 1( ie: allegedly easier) structures are just as difficult as the Level 2 and 3 ones. There are some I think might be impossible to build at all based on the law of gravity, although my husband disagrees and says with enough balance they're all possible.

I'm kind of a fumble-prone mom and I spent more time knocking down half-built structures with my clumsy hands than with birds at first. If you have a child who doesn't have much tolerance for slow, meticulous projects then he/she might be annoyed trying to build the structures.

As far as the actual shooting the birds part of the game, that takes some getting used to and is actually a lot harder than on the Iphone app. in my opinion. That said, it is doable. My five year old and eight year old are fans of the game and have already played with it a lot. One tip: make sure you keep up with all the pieces because losing even one or two of the logs or blocks will seriously hamper your ability to complete the structures on the cards. Angry Birds: Knock On Wood Game

My 4 year old is obsessed with Angry Birds. I didn't like the idea of him spending so much time playing a video game, so this was the perfect alternative. And it's something we can do together as a family. So much fun!

My six year old son is obsessed with this game. He first started playing on my husband's Droid. I ordered this as a birthday present (it's in November) but ended up giving it to him early. Shipping was fast - received within 3 days of ordering. I got it today and immediately gave it to him and his younger (5 yr old) sister to play with. Set up was easy - within a few minutes - and they have been playing with it ever since. This one is a keeper!

We got the game and I immediately set it up with my 15 year old grandson (he indulges Gramma) soon his mother was playing too. We laughed and talked about how much fun we were having -- soon my son (44) joined and 16 year old granddaughter played too. I have taken it to work and lunch time has become Angry Bird Haven ....This is the BEST investment in fun I have made in a LOOOOONG time!!

OK, OK..

It is angry birds In real life game. The only thing it is missing is sound effects!!

This was a birthday gift for my 4 year old.. YEAH YEAH the box says 5 and up, but he sure is enjoying the game A LOT!

TO be honest we haven't sat down and played through a round according to the rules, but we don't have to to enjoy this set!

The blocks are plastic, but a very sturdy plastic with fund wood grain detail!

The birds are a great size, CUTE and look amazing! the pigs are well designed to sit on their blocks and not roll around.

I have read through the rules and am sure it will a fun game to play. The instructions are definitely easy to follow.

I know my kids will enjoy just playing freely, or trying to build what the cards show.

It can be a bit tough building some of the set-ups, you will accidentally bump things over, no biggie, comes with the concept of the game IMO and only adds to the play time.

The catapult can really get some air with it and launch those birds! That is the biggest challenge, figuring out where to start your catapult and how hard to let it fly!



PS the Catapult and one bird made a cute addition to an Angry birds Birthday cake I tried to "build"!

I bought this for my 4 year old son who loves playing Angry Birds and he absolutely loves making "real" Angry Birds games to knock down. He laughs and laughs when the birds go flying across the room to "get those piggies!" Definitely a great game for kids and adults alike.

I Love , love , love Angry Birds Anything!!! My 5 yr old daughter & I played with it for hours. I was sooo excited when I saw that there was even a real game. I have Angry Birds on my cell phone as well as my laptop. Now I have a tangible game that I can put my hands on too. It takes some getting use to but I love the challenge of it. Next, I'm going to buy all of the plush birds and piggies too...I don't think that the guys at Rovio knew that it would be such a success. Thanx to all, now I've gotta get back to my game...

Kids of all ages (especially the adults) can enjoy the Angry Birds building blocks game and create their own tower of pig heaven for other like-minded Angry Birds fans to topple. Cheap entertainment for all!

We play various games several times a week (everything from scrabble to battlemasters). I bought this game as a surprise gift for my better half who plays the cellphone version even in bed at 3am.



This is a neat little gift. It's great for small parties and game nights with small children (4yrs+ recommended because of small parts). It's not something that us regular serious gamers will keep in rotation through the week but we'll pull it out once in awhile for some mindless fun! Although, I'm tempted to keep one fort assembled and have us take turns to see who does the dishes each week. Or maybe bring to work for some lunchtime rounds with coworkers.



The pigs, "logs", and extra point thingies are hard plastic with the birds being rubbery (think pet toys) and you only need a place to set them up (away from anything valuable is wise). The cards are easy to read and there are a few difficulty levels to choose from. It may seem like it's messy once things get knocked down but we didn't drop any parts off our little breakfast table. After about 30 mins and five rounds, we were ready to move on to something else.



Overall, it's a good buy.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Blueproton Blueproton Blueproton