Friday 29 October 2010

Stability Ball - tko, stability ball


I'm 6'5" 270 pounds. So when I looked into stability balls I was really concerned with whether one would support me. So far, so good. I got it yesterday, blew it up in a few minutes, and sat on it (hesitantly at first) for over an hour. Then worked out for about an hour. It seems very durable and able to maintain my weight without a problem. The exercises on this thing are super effective, as I can feel today. The ball is just right as far as size goes.

Someone complained about the pump, but I found it efficient. It's like a huge syringe. It worked fine. It only took me a few minutes to pump the ball up and that was with my one year old hanging on me so he could mess with the ball.

If something happens and this product fails in some way, I will immediately update this review so that anyone who's concerned can know. So if you don't see an update, the TKO's going strong. TKO Anti Burst Fitness Ball Set 75cm

I got this ball to use as a chair to bounce my baby while I am holding him and at the computer desk. I think it is excellent and has helped with better posture without any thought. I also end up doing some excerises on it, just because it is there. It does not have the ultra shiny surface as is noted in the picture. Also, it is a pretty standard size I believe and is not too tall for me. I can sit comfortably, with my knees at 90 degrees and I am 5'4". As for the reviewers that are not impressed with the pump: well, I don't care. I don't plan on deflating and inflating this thing again and again.

I love this ball, I don't even mind if I leave it out at my home. It has a bit of sparkly in it. Totally different texture than my old ball. The "Anti Burst" feature sold me as after 4 years w/ my old call it bursted on me during a "Pilates on the Ball Session" luckily I wasn't hurt. (If I had been turned the other direction I could have smacked my head on the coffee table on the way down.)



So I went online and found this beauty to replace it. Love the foot pump too, felt like it inflated faster than my old hand pump.

I have two exercise balls -- one for home and one for work.



This is the ball that replaced my office chair at work. I sit on it daily, frequently bounce on it when no one is around, and it has rolled around my floor with coworkers a couple of times. I've only inflated it once (the initial time) in the time I've had it -- over three months!! I weigh about 130lb (+/-) so I don't add a *ton* of constant weight on the ball. It has lost *some* air (it's not perfect after all), but it's still very firm. (I will probably re-inflate it this week or next.) Three additional bonuses about the ball: (1) since it's a dark color it doesn't pop out at people as they walk by me at work; (2) it's neither sticky nor overly smooth; and (3) it's anti-burst. The ball has a good texture that keeps you in place but doesn't pick up lint/dust. Some balls seem to attract it. Also, if you've seen that episode of "The Office" ([...]) you can appreciate the importance of an anti-burst ball. I haven't tested out this feature (and don't plan on it!), but I am glad that it is there since ANY stability ball can be popped.



The exercise ball that I have at home (GoFit) has lost air much quicker and I don't use it 1/10th as frequently! When I replace my GoFit, I'll definitely go with another TKO!

The ball is quite sturdy, the hand pump is a workout in itself. The sizing is confusing, among all brands, they can't agree. The box says the 55cm is for 5'6"-6'0", I bought this ball under the impression that 55cm was the size for anyone under 5'4". This is my reality: 5'2", 190lbs, looking mostly for something other than the couch to sit on, working on core strength. This ball is smaller than I wanted, my legs do not make 90 degree angle. Maybe I am too heavy, or perhaps after a few days I will be able to get more air in it. It will be great for exercizes where I hold it between my arms or legs, but for sitting on, or push-ups I will order a 65cm ball. My recommendation is to skip the sizing charts, find someone with a ball and decide for yourself which size suits your needs. Shipping was fine.

I am a proponent of fitness and the intent of my review is not to tout the benefits of using this product. As an active individual, I decided on this item to add dimension, that I thought needed, to my routine. I also intended to use this ball as a supporting structure (chair) for my writing assignments and such. Having used "fitness balls" in the past, I selected this item on reviews. I was disappointed.



This company delivered the product as promised. No issues here.



After inflation and initial use, I was satisfied with the product for the first few hours. Then I noticed that the ball began to lose pressure. I was not successful in trying to find one leak. My product has multiple leaks from the vulcanized seam. I only found them after submersing the surface area in soapy water.



As I am overseas now, with the product, a return is more effort than worth.



Had the product worked (held air pressure), I would have been satisfied.

i do not know if my defect was a one-time issue or a common problem. All I can offer is caution in your purchase. - Stability Ball - Tko - Exercise - Fitness Ball'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information