Monday 30 May 2011

Adapters - hdmi to dvi, cables


With this adapter I was able to use a old, but well working, Apple monitor with a new PC that only had VGA and HDMI video monitor options. A DVI to HDMI adapter is what I needed and this product works as specified,I would recommend it. DVI 24+1 (DVI-D) Female to HDMI Male Adapter

I was kinda wondering how it would put out and what kinda quality it you have converting cables like that. But, It worked GREAT. If you are looking for a cost effect way to get HD with a cable you already have without spending a lot of money. This is the way to go. Thank you for the great buy. As a regular Amazon customer, I recommend to anyone.

This is a warning and review, the adapter works as advertised but you may not realize the limitations of the advertised features; specifically , the wide variety of DVI connections. The DVI standard has a few kinds, there's DVI-I, DVI-D, and DVI-A now this adapter only works with DVI-D which makes perfect sense since the HDMI is digital only. The problem is that a female plug needs to have all the holes for all the pins the male plug has. This cable has ONLY the holes for a DVI-D male cable so if you have a DVI-I or DVI-A cable, it won't work at all. Most cables are DVI-I which serves as both A and D with all the prongs and holes. I would suggest a different adapter, either one that is Male DVI to wither female or male HDMI or a female DVI-I connector also known as 24+5. You can see one here, note the + sign with four holes around in on the female DVI end, that's where most cables have extra prongs that would need to be removed to work with this adapter.



[...]

See the + sign with four holes around it on the left? Now look at this product and your own DVI cable, if you have a cable without those extra prongs and never expect to, you can get this, but be careful because this adapter is unnecessarily limited.

I bought this adapter as a way to connect my PS3 to my lcd computer monitor. I already had the DVI cable, so this was the last link in the chain. I was pleasantly surprised when my PS3 allowed me to output a 720P or 1080P signal to my monitor. The 1080 wasn't the most ideal, since my monitor doesn't support that resolution natively, but it still worked. I just keep it on 720 and I've had no problems.

It does exactly what it says! I used this to connect my DVI Samsung monitor to my HDMI laptop. My DVI cable is 18+1 pins so I wasn't sure if it was going to work, but it worked flawlessly. Thanks for the great product!

My Asus has an HDMI port and I have a few year old SAMSUNG 22" LCD. It only has DVI and VGA on it so I needed a converter for the DVI. I tried the VGA but for one reason or another that port does not work on my laptop... no worries since I never planned on using that anyways. overall this product worked as expected and quality is not an issue. If you need to convert a DVI to HDMI this is the trick. I found countless HDMI to DVI but that is not going to help me. to explain the connections in terms few understand this is a female DVI and male HDMI connector. Many I found out there were the opposite. the female DVI connection is the same that you would find on a video card or a monitor. the male DVI is the connector that you would find on the actual cable. the male part is always the one with the pins. the female is just where the pins go in. It can be confusing to many.

Unfortunately, this bargain priced DVI adapter just wasn't worth the time or money. The HDMI male plug is cheaply made and literally broke-off the adapter the very first time I plugged it into my DVD player and attempted to unplug it. I returned it for a refund and purchased a similar Monster brand adapter for only a few dollars more.

I saved myself a lot of money buying this converter. My new laptop has an HDMI output (male) and VGA output but my monitor was having problems with VGA. The monitor supported a DVI input and came with a DVI cable. Using this converter, I was able to plug it into my new laptop and now I get great resolution. It's very bright and crisp. If you have the same set up as I do, I'd recommend the $3 to try it out. Well worth it for me.

Just when computer geeks around my city could not help me hook up an external monitor (some were suggesting that I purchase more expensive hook ups) I thought of searching for myself on what the HDMI was all about and found exactly what I was looking for less than ten dollars and fast delivery too. WOW! Because of your kind of serves, I got an HP laptop to recognize a Mac monintor. WOW! Thank you so much for making this poor college student so happy, for less than ten big ones. - Hdmi To Dvi - Adapters - Cables'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information