Wednesday 25 May 2011

Charging Cradle - charger, blackberry


This is a nice enough product; stylish, holds phone horizontally, heavier than you'd expect with a non-skid bottom. Problem is, that's all it is. There is no charger included as I had assumed. You either have to use the charger or the USB charging/sync cable that came with your phone. I wanted a second charger for my desk so I could keep the one that came with the phone in my briefcase or suitcase. Not sure it's pretty enough to justify almost $30 with shipping. BlackBerry Desktop Charge,Sync Pod for BlackBerry Storm 9500 and 9530 (Does not work with Storm2 9550 and 9520)

This device as others have noted does not fit the Storm 2 - 9550, and Amazon should quickly fix the merchandise materials to reflect this as other Storm 2 buyers will all have to go through the same fate of buying and returning this device.

Pros: It works, I use my storm as my alarm clock now. The storm fits snugly into the device. I've even seen pictures where a person had this in their car, but it takes some DIY skills.



Cons: You won't be able to use it if you have your storm in a case.



Other Thoughts: I wish it had a headphone jack then I could use it as a bedside MP3 player. You can still access the jack on the phone but it would be nice if it was in the dock.

I bought this charger for my Storm and recently upgraded to the Storm 2. I can hardly blame the manufacturer for creating a product that does not work with RIM's future line of phones but it does not work with my new Storm2. It works great for the Storm so 5 stars!



The charger will not work with the Storm2 9530 however. There is a anti-slip grip that is designed into the phone's casing which makes the phone a little more bulky than the Storm in that one area of the case. The Storm2 overall is smaller and more light-weight than the Storm. Regardless it doesn't work with the 9530.

I just received the sync pod, but cannot use it. The unit looks good and has a nice weight, but the Storm 2 will not seat on the charge plug. You have to press the Storm 2 quite firmly to get the charger to start (as evidenced by the clock showing on the screen). Once you release the pressure on the phone, it springs up, off the plug and charging stops. RIM's website states that the dimensions are the same for the Storm 2 and the Storm, but my phone won't work on the charge/sync pod.



I will be returning it for a refund. It is too bad - the concept is a good one. RIM needs to revise the dimensions of the sync pod so that the Storm 2 will fit.

Very convenient charging stand. By docking it and putting your phone on clock mode while charging, it doubles as a desktop clock. Once your phone is fully charged, however, it turns off. The charger integrates with your current charger. This is NOT a stand alone charger. You plug in your existing charger to the base. This unit merely lets you keep it in horizontal position so you can use it as a desktop clock.

I've never reviewed anything on Amazon before, but I had to write about this product. I love it. It's great quality, has a nice rubberized pad that protects the surface of your nightstand or table, and it has a good amount of weight to it -- it's not flimsy at all.

This is a great accessory for your BlackBerry Storm. When you put your Storm in the charger it turns it into a great table clock with huge numbers that are very easy to read and bright, all the time keeping your Storm fully charged. I love it!

This is the perfect docking station for the bb storm. It connects perfectly and brings up all my BB info on the computer right away. Changes screen on the BB to clock mode so you have a clock while it's attached to the dock. I love it, it works great and the shipping was really fast. Thank you! - Accessory - Charger - Blackberry - Cradle'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information