Monday 30 May 2011

Oxo Good Grips - bath accessories, storage


During my search for a soap dish, I came across this item. I read the reviews and while it looked good overall, the reviews that said this item fell off easily troubled me. Having faith in Amazon that I could return it if it didn't live up to my expectations, I ordered one. It arrived quickly as usual, and I put it up on my bathtub/shower wall. Within 10-15 minutes, I heard it fall into the bathtub. So, I went to see what happened. Perhaps I didn't get the suction right.



So, I put it up again and gave it a tug. It resisted but came off fairly easily. Now I was feeling disappointed. I looked at the wall, which is a white semi-gloss ceramic tile and noticed something I'd not noticed before. A thin film of hard water and soap made the tile from the side look far duller than face on. So, I tried an experiment. Out came the Clean Shower cleaner and a scotchbrite sponge. Ten seconds later, that one tile gleamed if you looked at it from the side. Face on, though, you could scarcely tell the difference. Then on went the soap dish making sure that the suction was fully applied. A tug on it confirmed it was on. A stronger tug and it still stayed on. Now, three weeks have gone by and it's still right where I put it. And, yes, I have now cleaned the rest of those tiles on that wall. :-)



Good job Oxo. Best recommendation I have is to check the wall you are putting this soap dish on and make sure it's clean with no accumulated deposits. And, apply a little bit of water on the business side of the suction cup shaking off any excess and voila. You are done. By the way, this soap dish stays VERY clean like the other review said, because of the way it is designed. OXO Good Grips Suction Soap Dish

I can't believe it! It fell off 5 minutes after installing with a little piece of soap in it. I even washed the tiles before installing as they recommended. Returning it tomorrow. The corner shelves lasted a bit longer, but also fell. Nice looking piece of trash!

I was going to return it to the store since my walls are stone but found another use for it. I don't use this as a soap dish. Instead I found it's perfect for holding my sponge in the kitchen sink, and takes up virtually no room. Suction holds very well to stainless steel. For people that are having issues with the suction cups make sure your surfaces are not porous.

Very nice suction soap dish. It hasn't budged since I placed it on the shower tile several weeks ago. It was worth every penny. I am thinking of purchasing other Oxo products as well. As people have stated before, make sure the surface is clean and not porous and the suction should hold the first time. I highly recommend this product.

I love this soap dish! the suction is very good because of the spring system it has and the soap doesn't melt because water dont accumulate in the dish.been using it for 4 months now. OXO did a good job together with the other oxo products i have.

Stuck to the wall like a charm. Didn't was the spot off or have to mess with this at all like other reviewers had mentioned. Has a spring-type suction cup that makes it very easy to use (and I always seem to have problems with suction cups). I was concerned at first, but glad I took a chance.

The soap dish my husband had in the shower was hard to clean, didn't stick well, and constantly a mess. This soap dish suctions so well it is hard to remove. In addition, it is much easier to clean and looks nice in the shower. - Storage - Oxo Good Grips - Bath Accessories - Soap Dishes'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information