Thursday 26 May 2011

E-book Cases - case, roocase


Although the seller says these aren't available until January 20, 2011, I just received my new case yesterday. I couldn't have made a better choice! Does exactly what I was looking for at a much better price than the cases sold directly through Barnes and Noble. Multi-angle reading was my #1 selling point and I am totally satisfied with this stand. With 22 Angle Adjustable multi-views, the case works great while standing, sitting, or laying in bed. The Magnetic Button Closure is a quick, easy-to-use, and a less clumsy feature than a stretch cord or snap. Access to all Control makes this case convenient and hassle-free. Available colors Black, Grey Graphite, Pink and Red. I went with RED and couldn't be happier; the red makes my black Nook color POP -making a statement!



My only con is the Accessory Flap for Paper which is not visible in any of the pictures. The flap is located on the inside of the cover directly facing the Nook screen. Although this inside cover has the advertised Soft Microfiber Interior, the leather flap obscures 5.25" x 3.5" of that protective microfiber. Granted the flap hardly contacts the screen, but if you've had the same experience I've had with keyboard keys scratching your laptop screen, you understand my concern. So my solution: tuck the small microfiber cleaning cloth I will use anyway, on top of the screen before closing the cover. Of course, you could also purchase screen protective film, but I'm a purist and prefer to read with the complete clarity of the eReader glass screen unencumbered by film. rooCASE (Red) Leather Case Cover with 22 Angle Adjustable Stand for Barnes and Noble NOOKcolor Nook Color eBook Reader - MV Series

I just received my red rooCase for the Nook Color today! I am DELIGHTED with it!!! I had to wait a bit to get it, as it was out of stock, but it was worth the wait! I did contact PC Micro to ask for an update on the delivery date. They responded quickly and were very nice. This rooCase is sturdy and well-made! It fits the Nook Color perfectly! I chose this case mostly because of the adjustable stand and magnetic closure. It has all the necessary openings for headphones, volume, power, and charging. The audio pin openings in the back are covered by the case. This is not a problem for me as I would use headphones to listen to an audio book. You CAN still hear the audio through the bottom power cord opening but it's not very loud. If I really wanted to listen without the headphones, I would simply place it near my ear while relaxing or remove it from the cover. This is minor to me. On the inside cover, there's a flap to place paper or notes too! To sum this up, this cover is exactly what I wanted! I LOVE it and couldn't be happier!!!

While it seems high quality the cover is basically an open top (not tight) sleeve so if it is open (unclasped) your nook can just fall out the top. When closed it is only the strength of the magnetic flap/clasp holding the Nook in, so when you grab it too quickly the Nook slides against the flap with some force and just falls out. I need something that I can be slightly more careless with.

I read at night before I fall asleep which is why I bought the back-lit Nook Color. I like the easel style of the roocase because it works great while I read in bed.



One problem - I had it plugged in through the opening in the bottom of the case charging it while reading. When I decided to go to sleep, I flipped the case closed and bent the plug-in part of the charger. Broke it. Don't forget to unplug the charger before closing the case!

This little case is really pretty. It's genuine leather at an incredible price. And, it's really functional. You can feel safe if you drop your Nook, just throw it into a bag and not worry and generally feel confident that your Nook Color is protected. What separated it from all the others is the stand. You can put it on a table and get the exact right angle for viewing and read without getting tired. My one concern when buying the Nook Color was the weight, but with this cover it doesn't matter, I can just put it on a table and read at a comfortable angle, even lying in bed, i can adjust it onto my belly and don't have to hold it. Recently, I had it on an airplane. Put it on tray table and just kept turning pages for 3 hours. Great. I waited weeks for this and it was well worth it.

After getting my NOOKColor for Christmas, I was looking for a case that would be attractive and functional. This case fits the bill. The quality is excellent and I find the magnetic closure very secure. I have told all my friends that have NOOKColor that this case is a great buy. I looked at Barnes and Noble cases, but found nothing to compare to this. I purchased mine in Red and also purchased a skin with wallpaper in red as well, what a great look. Great case for a great price!

Love the stand part. It is a bit awkward to learn to use it without the stand as the flap wants to move everywhere but I love how I can read it without holding it up all the time. Also the sound comes through great. - E-book Cases - Case - Nook Cover - Roocase'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • e-book cases
  • ,
  • nook cover
  • ,
  • case
  • ,
  • roocase