Thursday 26 May 2011

Chainsaw Sharpeners - tools


For the price this is the best chain saw sharpener that I have found. I have tried the others that are the same price or cheaper, and believe me when I say that they belong in the trash. You would be better off hand sharpening if you choose something less. Item# 193020 from Northertool has the features that you see from the spendy models but not the cost. It comes with 3 grinding stones to allow many different types of chains to be sharpened. Angle #'s are on the base for consistent transfer from one side of your chain to the other. Overall this model is not made cheep, it is made to last and that is what I needed. Northern Industrial Bench- or Wall-Mount Saw Chain Sharpener

The Northern Industrial Bench or Wall Mount Saw Chain Sharpener is a great way to sharpen chains It is well build and reliable very happy with unit so far it is very easy to use after a little practice you will enjoy razor sharp chains everytime.

I have read about the cheap sharpeners out there and decided to get the better one. I went with this northern tool one due to the feedback from others. It is not by no means a cheaply made product. It setup quickly and sharpens very nice. Instaed of mounting it to a bench or wall I mounted it to a 4 x 4 and then I hold the 4 x 4 in my vise. Easy to mount and dismount and I can store it away from the needed bench area. It also is at a perfect height higher in the vise. I would recomend this to others and stay away from any other sharpeners under $120. Great product Northern!! Thanks.

Received the chainsaw sharpener in good condition beleive it to be a very good product. Only negatives 1) manual is worthless 2) Amazon state order over $100 ship free yet $25 shipping was charged to my credit card. 3) There doesn't appear to any way to contact Amazon.com --no customer service. I've ordered previously from Amazon and was satisfied with the products and service.

J MacD.

Do you own a chainsaw?



Do you use it more than once per year?



Then you need this tool. I put off buying a sharpener for 15 years. I have fought with dull chains because the chainsaw guy is closed today, or he hasn't gotten to my chains yet. This tool solves those problems. It is well built, easy to use, sharpens a chain in 5 minutes once you get used to the settings for your chains. The best part is no more dull chains. I expect this sharpener to pay for itself just by the amount of aggravation it saves me in one year, never mind the actual cost of sharpening chains.



I use my chainsaw daily, cut 15-20 cords of wood per year and I'm kicking myself for not buying this sooner.



If you need better directions, peruse the directions for the stihl chainsaw sharpener usg. It is not exactly the same but the idea is the same [...]

I bought this as a Christmas present for my brother up in New Hampshire. It works well but has alot of vibration to it when the handle is in the up postition. It seems to be in the blade. We tried a new blade but it still vibrates. When the handle is pulled down the vibration stops. It does not seem to affect the quality of the sharpening of the chain.

I have a Northern Tool near so I went to look at this item. There is no comparison between this all metal tool and the much more expensive Oregon models I also looked at. This sharpener is the best by far. Luckily this item was on sale in the store and I have been using it for about a month. The instructions are sketchy but once you figure out the machine it is fairly simple. Use the right wheel, and seting the two angle/s is simple. The offset table is a little difficult as it is not marked with degrees and the instructions don't clarify it. Basicly the center notch is 0 and either side is 10 degrees. It seems most (of my) blades use the 10 degree offset. You have to rock the table to get the setting. I really like this tool but better instructions would make getting started easier.

Mary did not order the machine, but I (Larry) ordered the machine and it is comparable to an Oregon machine. It is easy to use and the set up was easy to acomplish.

I recommended it, to an equipment rental store. - Tools'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • tools