Saturday 28 May 2011

Dockers Never Iron Pleated - expandable waist, d3


I have worn Dockers daily for more than twenty years...and I have loved them ("Dockers Original Khaki, Classic Fit").



Unfortunately, Dockers has revised its product in all respects. The button closure (which worked well) has been replaced by a clip closure (which is held in place by a half-staple and which tore off on two of two examples within moments of being put on). The waist fit has been made much tighter (despite the misleading label "Classic Fit"). The color has been changed from the classic British Khaki to a grim, drab brownish tan (misleadingly labelled "Dark Khaki").



A disaster in every respect. Poorly made. Cheaply made. A different fit. A different color.



A worse decision than "New Coke."



I hope the morons running Dockers recognize their error and restore the true classic Dockers ASAP. If they do not, their brand is D-O-O-M-E-D. Dockers Men's Signature Khaki D3 Classic Fit Pleated Pant,Dark Olive,36x34

Within a month of wearing these, I wore a hole in them where my shoulder bag rubs against my wallet in my pocket. I thought that was a bit odd considering a.) how quickly and b.) how easily the hole formed. All of the cotton (or what have you) came out leaving a patch of white strings. I was astonished with the poor quality of these pants.



I kept on wearing these for two more months with a stupid whole in them so I could feel I got my money out of these. Until today that is. While out at the grocery store, I felt a strange breeze across the back of my thigh. Now when I got home today, I noticed a catastrophic rip, about 6 inches wide across the back of the thigh wrapping around into the groin. Ho-ly-smokes.



So, what can I conclude? That these are absolute junk! I suppose I should also note that this again affirms the age-old adage, "you get what you pay for." You -will not- be getting the quality associated with this brand if you purchase these pants. Buyer beware.

Literally, that is. The fly is to high, or too short, or both. The flap inside the fly seems wider than normal. If you tuck in your shirt, you find yourself doing a lot of searching around down there at the most inopportune times. Additionally, the button holes are so tight, it's hard to button the top button and the back pocket. The front pockets are too small. The fit in the seat and waist are a bit tight. Maybe none of this is true and I'm just losing it in my old age...in more ways than one.



Wow. After one month of trying to get some wear out of these pants, I'm giving up and chucking them into the donation box. Just too snug and uncomfortable in the waist, thighs, and crotch.

My husband and son have worn Docker's pants for years and years and were delighted with them. I order them from Amazon because the guys both wear a very-difficult-to-find size (29x32). A few month's ago, I confidently ordered five pairs of Docker's for each of them. Those pants have been an unmitigated disaster! The fabric is of a much lighter weight than the ones we previously received and the rear "wallet" pocket and the hems wore through in just a few wearings. I would say that all of their pants had holes in the pocket and frayed hems within six weeks of purchase. They both work indoors, so it is not a question of heavy usage--just shoddy materials. The pants we received still had buttons, but it is obvious by feeling the fabric that it is much thinner than that of the older versions. I am in a real quandry--because the pants wore through so quickly, both of the guys need new pants but I will not buy another pair of Docker's until they restore the quality of their product.

My husband has worn these pants for years. The new metal closure is not as good or sturdy as the old button, and from experience these are harder to mend than a button. The pants still do the job, but I think we will be wearing them out faster. Don't know why Dockers felt like they needed to change this - if it ain't broke don't fix it.

I agree with the others who have listed their complaints with these "New" Dockers. I have worn Dockers for over 30 years as part of my everyday work wardrobe. But what's up with this new Hook and Button system they have? I HATE IT! I noticed a cople of years ago, when they started to "Cheapen" the Dockers Slacks the Main button would sometimes come off or rip right out of the fabric. I guess the Hook is their way of covering up the shodiness of their "New & Improved" product. I've noticed too, that after a few washings,the fabric along the top of the waistband (especially the darker colors) wears down to nothing! It actually turns white! The sad thing is, Dockers probably never read this stuff, and probably doesn't care, as long as people buy them!

P.S.

Another thing that kind of ticked me off was that nowhere in the add did it say these pants had cuffs on them (and I HATE CUFFS). Guess what they had when I opened the box? Yep, you guessed it: CUFFS. I find fault with Amazon on that one. That's why I sent them back.

The new dockers slacks with a metal clip are bad news. The biggest problem is that the pocket liners are mostly white and you they show and I look like a clown when I try on the black or any darker color slacks. the old models had a black liner until very deep in the pocket. I also agree with previous posters the material is bad news and wears out quickly. I am not sure what happened,but I hope there business hurts enough, that they will be forced to go back to what worked for years otherwise I suspect they will be out of business. Does anyone know where to purchase the old model slacks with button?

After searching many stores locally and many sites on the internet I finally found Men's white pant at Amazon.com. I was pleased with the prompt shipment. I wish the pant were made from wrinkle free cotton. But, it fits well and looks good. They are good for casual ware. - Expandable Waist - Flat Front - Pants - D3'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information