Tuesday 31 May 2011

kindle 3 case - kindle 3 covers, kindle 3 case


I don't know what I was more excited about getting in the mail - my new Kindle or this cover! I looked for several days for a cover and I'm glad I stumbled on this one.



Of course, my first choice was the Kindle lighted cover but I have several book lights already so paying an extra $48 for a case with a built in light really wasn't worth it to me.



I *almost* didn't get this mCover Leather Folio Cover Case because it uses leather tabs to secure the Kindle. I did not like the idea of securing the Kindle with the hinges even more. I would have preferred elastic bands but the fit is actually good and my Kindle does not shift at all. At first glance, the leather tabs looked stiff (and like hard plastic in the picture) but it's soft enough to not worry about the leather wearing and rubbing against it but firm enough to slide your Kindle underneath and hold it snug. My concern is that the leather will become softer over time.



This cover, like the Kindle cover, uses an elastic band to hold it closed. Other leather covers I found used a magnetic clasp like they have on day planners - which I always found to be clumsy and always in the way. With this cover, you can fold it back and use the elastic band to secure it open and the whole thing sits pretty flat. Someone mentioned there should be a tab to grab the band easier when it is in the groove but I think it's unneccessary.



The pocket.... I love the pocket! It's one of the features that won me over. I wanted something that had some type of pocket & knowing that I'll probably be using it poolside on upcoming vacations, I wanted something to store some cash, ID and my room key. This was the only case that had a large enough pocket to do that without looking like it was going to push against or scratch my Kindle screen since the pocket edge is not smack dab in the middle. And this is probably not a good idea, but when you have the cover open and folded back, you can slip your hand in the pocket to help you hold the Kindle for one handed reading. I stretched my pocket a tad doing that but it did help me hold the Kindle better.



As far as the color goes, the pink is not too bright or pepto bismal-ish and is actually a nice neutral shade of pink, IMHO. The manufacturer picture has a little bluish tint to it. I normally would have gotten a black cover since I'm not an overly "pink" chick and I did not go looking specifically for a pink cover but I couldn't resist. This it just the right amount of feminine touch for me without being too obnoxious. I also had no issues with chemical odor. I had to put my nose up against the cover to smell anything.



Overall, I am super pleased with my new cover. I'm even more pleased that I got such a cool cover that had all the features I wanted - at a pretty low price. =) Pink mCover® Leather Folio Cover Case for Amazon Kindle 3 (Fits 6" Display, built-in inner pocket)

May I be so bold to say that this product, the pink leather case for Kindle 3 is amazing? It's AWESOME!! It's soft leather case is easy and comfortable (because it feels like its almost softly padded). The tabs inside easily hold my Kindle without any wiggling or fuss.



It folds and bands together so you can use it at half-size when reading.

It also closes together with a band (similar to an elastic hair band).

It closes securely because the band fits into a grove on the case preventing breakage or slippage.



It's pink. It's cute. It's durable. And it can be yours too!



Ps. There are pockets on the inside left allowing you to put your thousand dollar bill or money clip (as seen in product pictures). OR you can simply store post-its. LOVE IT!!

I received my Kindle (latest edition 6") in December 2010. Since then, I have been searching all over for a cover. I did not want to spend $50 or more on a cover, but wanted something that would protect the Kindle. I just could not see $50 or so in the other covers at all. I found this one for $10 and change and even free shipping on my order and was ecstatic! It was delivered very quickly and I was so surprised when I opened it. It is pink and exactly what I'd been looking for all this time. The quality is super. It has a pocket on the inside to stuff my grocery lists or notes. The Kindle fits snugly and doesn't move at all yet leaves enough room to slide in a book light just right. It also has a band that keeps the front cover closed. I am very happy with this purchase. Again, I looked at many, many covers. I wanted one that would open like a book and this is it. Just love it!!

After using a neoprene case for my Kindle for a few months, I realized that I needed something more durable after the plastic on my Kindle began cracking. I read a ton of reviews, and eventually settled on this case; I was a little wary because of the price, but at the same time, if it was awful I wouldn't be out too much money.



I was very pleasantly surprised when the case arrived! The stitching is very uniform and durable, the leather itself is really nice quality and the pink color is great; it's very subdued, not "Pepto-Bismol" at all. I love being able to fold the cover back all the way, and the groove that holds the elastic string is a great little touch. A minor gripe is that the felt-ish lining inside picks up lint pretty easily; this is remedied with a swipe or two of a lint roller, though, not a problem.



On the whole, highly recommended! - Kindle 3 Covers - Kindle 3 Case'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • kindle 3 case
  • ,
  • kindle 3 covers