Monday 30 May 2011

Wireless Usb Adapter - usb network adapter, usb wireless adapter


I purchased two of these wireless adapters, as I remodeled my basement and wanted to keep from having cables trailing across the floor. When I installed the first adapter (on a Windows Vista machine), my wired connection was still established and the driver installed automatically and it worked perfectly. However, I installed the second adapter on the other computer (running Windows 7), I had already disconnected the Ethernet cable and was forced to use the disc to install the driver. While I was impressed with the utilities that came with the disc, after about 24 hours of being installed, my computer began crashing unexpectedly, showing a "blue screen of death" and completely shutting down. About ready to give up on the adapter, I uninstalled it, plugged in an Ethernet cable, and plugged in the adapter again. The driver that downloaded automatically worked great and there haven't been any issues since then.

FINAL WORD: The adapters are great, but only if you use the drivers downloaded automatically from Windows Update, as the disc drivers only cause problems. WiFi Wireless IEEE 802.11N/G/B WLAN 150Mbps Network Adapter USB2.0 Wireless Lan USB Adapter for Laptop Noteook Desktop PC Suport Vista/Windows 7(32bit & 64bit)/Linux

I purchased this network adapter specifically for use with my Fedora 12 system. Driver comes packaged in a .tar.bz2 file that requires compiling. Could not for the life of me get the package to compile to work with my system (I even upgraded to Fedora 13 to see if it would help) and Ralink offers no .rpm install file. Works fine on my wife's Windows XP Professional, so I suppose that's where it'll stay. Other wireless adapters that are "linux compatible" have been plug-and-play. No such luck. My suggestion: go with a namebrand adapter if you're looking to pair this with Linux.

This adapter is being used on my living room desktop for both internet and home networking purposes and it works great! Just plugged it in and when prompted by windows to provide the CD if available I did and done! No hassle or problems installing in XP.

This usb adapter is awesome. For such a low price it packs a punch. 150mb down from usb is great! it is also B/G/N which is a plus! I don't know how they keep the price down... Never failed me. It was even set down weird so it bent while in the laptop and it still works. Durable product! I haven't seen any problems!

I bought this to use for Myth and ended up going with Windows Media Center. Great usb devices, I originally had no problems connecting to my G router but when I tried to connect to my N only router I couldn't get it to work. Might have been something how I configured since my N router is setup for 300Mbs connections only and not really setup for slower speeds but these were great for the price picked up a couple and love them. Just ordered a 2.4/5Ghz router though so need some cheap dual-band usb adapters now. Unless I got a great signal, speeds under 100Mb just did not stream HD very well at all... but when these puppies are connected at 150Mbs it streams great.

Included CD contains Linux drivers. However, it worked great with the native drivers in Mandriva Linux 2010, didn't even need the CD.



I can't get a reliable 802.11N connection to my draft N router, but that may be the router's fault. Works fine using 802.11G.

I bought this adapter to use on my Windows 7 x64 laptop. The box, instructions, and the product info all say this adapter is compatible with windows 7, but its not. I did work on my desktop, which is windows xp. Despite not being able to use it on my laptop I still have a use for it else where. I don't know if this would work for your needs but its defiantly worth a try considering the very low price tag! - Video Games - Wireless - Usb Wireless Adapter - Usb Network Adapter'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information