Thursday 26 May 2011

Connectors - sony, iphone


Inexpensive. Shipped and arrived quickly and in good condition. However I bought it to use with my Sony XR-550V as the camcorder does not ship with the VMC-UAM1 ($15 from Sony). For that use it did not work. Not sure if the device is defective or just not compatible with the Sony unit. USB 2.0 Type A to Mini USB 5-Pin Type B Female / Male Adapter

I bought two Adapters for my Sony CX-550V camcorder. Shipped and arrived quickly and in good condition. However it did not work. I checked sonystyle.com Sony VM-CUAM1 USB Adapter Cable is USB mini-B to the USB Type A, exactly same this adapter. If the device is defective or just not compatible with the Sony unit? I don't know other persons have some problem. Should I buy a Sony USB adapter cable for my CX-550V directly copy video data to HHD device? But this product can connect my Canon camera from mini USB to my computer.

In my quest to become more thrifty & less cluttered, I've begun using adapters rather than a whole new special cable for needed connections. An adapter is cheaper than getting a new cable & they take up a lot less space. If you have a cable with only one end that's required, try just getting an adapter to enable a connection, instead of a new cable.

There's really not much to say about this little device: it converts one type of USB to the other. It's cheap, it's sturdy, it gets the job done. I use this with a portable battery to keep my iPhone charged if I'm away from power for a while and it works perfectly and the price is such that you can afford to get a spare or two in case you lose or break one eventually.

Item seems to work, but not for the purpose I was planning. I was hoping to use this plus the iPod's charging cable to plug it into my fm transmitter. (My original transmitter cord was overstretched and is now flighty.) Nearly fried my iPod. Not the product's fault, but iPods are very particular. - Sony - Iphone'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • iphone
  • ,
  • sony