Sunday 29 May 2011

Playstation 3 - screwdrivers, ylod


I repair Playstation 3 consoles often. I received these tools in the mail and sure enough they did what they were supposed to do. However, after only a few rebuilds the blue phillips screwdriver seems to be wearing down not allowing a firm fit/grip on the screw. If you're only going to use these 1-3 times I would say buy it. If you're going to use these for extended amounts of time, buy crafstman or any other name brand tool. Silverhill Tools 4pc Tool Kit for Playstation 3

I have a launch 60gig ps3 and these are not at all right. I suppose you could use the Phillips for just about anything, but the tamper-proof tox drivers are WAY TO SMALL. Bummer, at least they were cheap.

I used these after receiving them faster than expeted. I really only neede the Security tool but did manage to use the rest eventually when taking my PS3 apart to try and figure out why the Blue Ray Drive stopped reading anything. The tools do work as described and I would recommend them to anyone who like me is out of warranty on their System, and does not have the $300.00 for Sony's out of warranty refurbished repair or replace with a used system.

Ok..got this for my son to go along with repair guide. Now hopefully he will use his own tools and won't lose anymore of his dad's Craftsmen tools. Besides I just thought it was a nice stocking stuffer for Christmas and will come in handy when he's doing his own repair work. (Oh and this review is for a tools not a game..duh) - Screwdrivers - Ylod'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information