Saturday 28 May 2011

Garmin Nuvi 350 - garmin nuvi 350, garmin nuvi


I disagree with the above reviewer in that you CAN use this while it's charging. It's possible that that person was unable to get a strong enough signal to operate it or perhaps another issue, but NO, it does not go into PC mode. Otherwise, having this charger is convenient when you want to take your GPS on the go with you & it needs some juice but you don't have enough time to do this in the car. Or you're traveling and you don't want to deal with leaving your charger in the car. It's very inexpensive & you don't need to buy any other bells and whistles to charge your GPS. By the way, mine's a Garmin Nuvi 255w. Garmin Nuvi 200 200W 205 205W 215T 250 250W 270 300 310 350 360 370 500 550 600 610 650 660 670 680 750 755T 760 770 775T 780 850 860 880 900T AC Wall Adapter Charger

This item was listed as a Garmin branded charger, and I was expecting an exact replacement for the AC charger that came with my Nuvi 350. This is an off branded charger. The cord is a bit shorter than the original, the usb plug that goes into the unit on the original as offset 90 degrees, this one is straight, and the output of this is slightly lower than the OEM product.



It still works, but the shortened cord is limiting. Price was good, and shipping was relatively fast.

It is completely wrong statement: "The chip prevents the GPS unit from going into "PC" mode so you can use your GPS while it charges."

Nuvi 750 acts exactly the same way as it connected to USB port. You CANNOT use it due charging process.

this charger is for cell phones, it is NOT by NUVI as Amazon says, the one I received is by CCM Mobile, when plugged into my nuvi 750 it does go into pc mode(as others have said), I love it when other people tell you that NO it doesn't go into pc mode, maybe Amazon sends out different models and maybe they received one by Nuvi, but I didn't, I have played with it many times trying to get it to work(plugged and unplugged several times quickly and did get it to be in the charge mode one time, but I can not get it to repeat so it is not dependable), truly does not do what Amazon advertises it to do, a useless $3.50 piece of junk, do not buy for GPS's, also, it is not the same as the picture of the item on Amazon's page

I went to charge up my Garmin GPS and in less than a minute this product stop working. A spark shot out from the outlet and the adapter suddenly stopped working.



Of course I threw it away immediately. Since I paid so little for this product I simply didnt bother with paying for the postage to return it in hopes to receive another adapter. I was extremely disappointed!!!

I ordered this item because it specifically listed it's compatibility with the Garmin GPS I have. When it arrived not only did the item packaging not match list the Garmin, it didn't even indicate it was appropriate for ANY GPS - but rather for cell phones. Further, the item looked markedly different from the one shown on the website. Only good news was that Amazon promptly refunded my money.

I bought 2 of these for my kids' GPS's. I learned from experience that you cannot rely on the auto plug to keep your GPS alive. I had a Magellan GPS which I kept in the car and only used it every once in a while. Well, after only about 10 months, it died and would not turn on. I contacted Magellan who, by the way, would not honor their warranty, and learned that it was probably the battery that had died due to lack of use. In the meantime, we had given both of our kids GPS's for their vehicles so I purchased these AC chargers for their Garmin Nuvi's which are still functioning fine over a year later. They can keep the batteries in their GPS's constantly charged which should greatly increase their life.

It works fine as advertised.

It brings the USB mode on GPS when you connect.

After leaving it for a minute and giving a tap on the screen, the normal screen comes up.

By sliding the power to off, it goes into charging mode.

After no using my GPS for sometime (I bought it at Amazon), the battery was completely dead. The power cable for the cigarret lighter didn't work as intended. I bought this AC/DC wall charger and it worked right away. A good investment for a very reasonable price. - Gps System Accessories - Charger - Garmin Nuvi 350 - Garmin Nuvi'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information