Sunday 29 May 2011

Good Health - good health, walking


I've been wearing this pedometer daily for seven months. Not only does it keep an accurate count of both regular steps and aerobic steps, but it is very durable. I took a hard fall and landed on it, and other than a small crack in the plastic cover, it was fine. I also ran it through the washing machine and dryer - it still works (after taking it apart to dry). I'm delighted with the item and can't recommend it highly enough. It's a world different from a cheap pedometer. I especially like that it keeps seven days of info in the memory.



Two quirks to look out for: one, it needs to be completely vertical to work well. I wear mine clipped to a front jeans pocket, but have noticed that if it sags forward or gets turned slightly backward, it doesn't record steps accurately. This is easily avoided and no big deal, but don't think you can stick it in a shirt pocket or, in my experience at least, on a purse, as advertised. Second, be sure to use the safety clip. I can't tell you how many times over the past months I've bumped into something and the clip on the holder has released, leaving the pedometer dangling. I'd have lost it 100 times over without the safety clip. Omron Pedometer - Model HJ-112 - Each

I have used countless different brands of Pedometers going all the way back to the late 1980s. The Omrom Pedometer is by far the most accurate, reliable and the easiest to use of all the Pedometers I have ever tried. I give these as gifts to my friends and they all love them. I also like the aerobic steps function. This pedometer is more basic than some of the others out there, but performs all the necessary functions brilliantly. There is no need for all the fuss and extra stuff that others have. I originally found out about the Omrom Pedometer after reading a scientific article about the "new breed" of Pedometers. This one was found to be the most accurate at measuring steps using a completely different kind of technology than others.

I've owned several pedometers, but this is the best one by a long shot. If you calibrate it properly in the beginning, it'll keep a very accurate step count. Some more expensive pedometers come with fancy bells and whistles like computer software so you can track your activity level and so on... It's all crap. Buy this excellent quality, reliable pedometer and use free online program to track your activity level and you'll easily save $20.



As a side note, I also row while using it and it keeps pretty good track of my strokes since it registers the movement of my hips as a step. I also have friends who say it works well while bike riding, so it's very versatile. Its versatility is a direct reflection of its accuracy, after all. I've owned several pedometers, including others by Omron, but nothing has been as accurate or durable as this model. I really can't recommend it enough. - Good Health - Omron Pedometer - Pedometer - Walking'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information