Sunday 29 May 2011

Tomb Raider Lara Croft - occult, angelina jolie


Why is it, that we want more from a movie than is on offer? Come on chaps, "Lara Croft - Tomb Raider" isn't a film of any intellectual merit, it is merely an exciting adventure movie with a whole host of good special effects and lots of quality funny moments. I for one really enjoyed this film, I expected nothing from it other than a series of explosions and gun battles and that is what I got and I loved every single minute of it. The plot wasn't too complicated, with Lara piecing together a mystery about an ancient clock and two pieces of a mystical triangle that has the ability to fragment time and space and of course there are the obligatory bad guys trying to get their hands on it. There was a fine cast of characters from Iain Glenn playing the evil Mr. Powell (the main bad guy) to Chris Barrie of Red Dwarf fame coming across with great aplomb as the overtly English Butler Hillary who tries and fails to make his young employer into a regal young lady instead of a gun-toting maniac. One of my favorite moments is when Hillary realizes that the security in the Croft Mansion has been breeched and there is a battle going on downstairs. He calmly gets out of bed, dons a bullet proof vest taken from his wardrobe, locks and loads a massive double barreled shot gun without blinking an eye then carefully steps into his leather slippers before stepping out to join the melee. I cracked up laughing, it was SO funny! Angelina Jolie is well cast as Lara Croft, and she manages a pretty good English accent too as well as doing ALL her own stunts which impressed me big time. The special effects were superb, watch out for when a husky-dog jumps through a break in the fabric of time, it's awesome. All in all this is fun, fun film and that is the way it should be treated. The DVD is worth every cent and is stuffed full of extras that just add to the enjoyment of the film. So come on chaps, give it a chance, you never know, you just might enjoy yourselves! Lara Croft: Tomb Raider

I give the movie 5 stars as an exciting imaginitive adventure movie.

But there are issues with the Blu-ray version - which are:

The movie was not photographically focused with HD video in mind. Sometimes the details are clearly in focus, sometimes the details are only DVD clear. This is better than an ordinary DVD "upconverted" but is not consistently what I would expect from a true Blu-ray quality movie. If you already own the DVD it may not be worth upgrading - but if you don't I think it is worth it for adventure movie fans.



This is based on the original Blu-ray disk release.

I've been loading up on big, dumb action movies on blu-ray, so when I saw this on sale for $10.99, I said why not... I popped the disc in, and was horrified at the picture quality- it looks like an upconverted dvd. If you have this on dvd already, then don't waste your money.

This has got to be the best attempt at a good game-based movie that I've seen. There were a few minor plot discrepancies that didn't quite follow the storyline of the game, but they could be ignored-I actually didn't notice them myself until my avid Tomb Raider-playing pal pointed them out. I loved the action sequences-the "ceiling ballet" being my favorite, and I think that Angelina Jolie did a suberb job portraying our feisty heroine. The music was probably the best part of the movie, though. The fast-paced techno stuck with me more than the actual story did, and I bought the soundtrack almost immediately afterward. What I didn't like was that the storyline of the movie wasn't that well developed. The charcters were typical, the events were ordinary, and the plot was so predictable that I found myself speaking the dialogue before the characters did! The story wasn't that detailed or involved. A third-grader could have followed it without trouble. I had been hoping for a more provoking, mature movie. Overall, it was...okay. Maybe the next ones will be better...that is, if they don't follow the rule of sequels...

I read so many bad reviews about this product, I was almost positive I would hate it. Then I came across the review Roger Ebert gave it for the Chicago Tribune. HE gave it 4 and half stars out of five. That peaked my interest. I found it at my Wal-Mart for $4. Figuring I could spare four bucks, I bought it, and watched it two days later. By far one of the best movies I've seen a LOOOONG time. Very intriguing plot, great acting, plus it's just plain fun. Combine Indiana Jones with Mission Impossible 2, and you have an idea what this is like. Plenty of special features to keep die-hard movie buffs happy. Plus it's got Angelina Jolie. Need I say more?

Yes, many people are bashing this movie but I think they are all wrong. That is why there is a sequel since it was a good flick, right?



This movie is a very good adaptation from a game, since I also love the games. Angelina was a good Lara Croft not just in the physical aspect but also in the attitude. She is as confident as the one in the games.



The movie also circles in a great plot line. The plot is very well served and not draggy, unlike other movies. It doesn't aim to much to inform people a lot about the Illuminati but supplies what the viewers need, not over or under that. The whole plot makes sense in a not so draggy way.



The adventure aspect is also well done. The exotic locations were mesmerizing as well as the action sequences. The stunts were very realistic, unlike the ones in movies like Charlie's Angels were people leap like animals. Here, Lara is very human but athletic, doing stunts that are actually possible to do and done very nice cinematically.



The movie overall is very enjoyable. its a fun action flick. It may lack depth or may fail to satisfy one but its an action flick. Let go and enjoy. - Angelina Jolie - Action - Occult - Fantasy'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information