Thursday 26 May 2011

Dog Nail Clippers


I've worked with dogs for years and as a result am very particular about nail clippers. Not only are these clippers comfortable to use but they can get into tight spaces and give you more control. On top of that they give you a nice clean cut. Safari Professional Pet Nail Trimmer, Small/Medium

One of my dogs has this weird nail that doesn't contact the pavement when she walks. It was actually growing into a curl and she wouldn't let me file it off. I needed something that would be quick and painless.

These trimmers did the job.

I assume I'd like these more if my dog enjoyed getting his nails cut. I've used it on my dog, my moms, and my aunts. All three of them are idiots when cutting their nails. I feel like I had to use more force than I did using my old, cheapo clippers though. And It didn't cut as "Clean" as it was supposed to. And if I didn't press hard enough it sort of "ripped" the nail end off.



I'm going to try these several more times. But they're no miracle, thats for sure.

Our new clippers arrived today, and we tried them out immediately with great success. The stop guard on the clippers is a great feature that keeps you from cutting too short and also takes away a lot of the stress from the chore. I used to be very timid with our old trimmers, afraid to hurt my puppy. These clippers were very sharp and cut through the nail cleanly. No flinching from me or my dog! Definitely recommended.

It clips very well and easy. I have a terrier so his nails are not very thick to begin with. However, the safety feature is a waste. It's too far off (so I'd cut into the quick if I were to rely on it) and it gets in the way of my seeing what I'm doing.

For me with a small dog, this is an ok buy that does the job, but I would prefer a more heavy/solid clipper for my own comfort. I was surprised at how small and light this was (for something labeled "professional" grade).

I bought these for my dogs, in which I have 5 of them. This is standard size, but still works great for my greyhound and lab and smaller dog. Its sharp, and quick and I love the grip. Very glad I purchased this nail trimmer!!

I use these clippers on my cat and they do the job well. The guard on the back is reassuring as it prevents you from cutting the nails back too far. However, because my cat is still a kitten, even if I cut to the guard it would still be too far. But regardless, the clippers are very sturdy and work really well. I am very pleased.

I'm not a dog grooming pro by any means, but I needed a good sharp clipper for my small dog's dewclaws. These did the trick with no trauma to either one of us. I think that you need to be decisive in your movements and give the claws a good fast snip. The nail guard will help keep you from going too short. In all, a great purchase.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Dog Nail Clippers Dog Nail Clippers Dog Nail Clippers