Sunday 29 May 2011

Ipad 2 Case


I bought this case after first seeing photos of it on CNET. It has a slim form factor that exposes the beauty of the iPad's aluminum and glass design but yet also provides sufficient front, back and side protection for the device. It fits the device perfectly, and the camera is centered perfectly in the camera cutout hole on the back of the case when installed properly. (I don't know what another reviewer was complaining about poor fit. Maybe he was attempting to install a first generation iPad into this iPad2 case.) This case folds into multiple of positions allowing you to use your iPad in a variety of ways. What the pictures don't show is that you can fold the case in even one lower position to allow for typing. In this position, the iPad is elevated about 1 inch in the back, allowing for a comfortable typing position. Other cases I previously owned for my old first gen. iPad were elevated too high in back when in the typing position, leading to aching wrists when typing for only a short period of time. What the photos also don't show is that you can fold the cover back (kind of like folding back a spiral bound notebook) to make the iPad in the case completely flat. I also like the light blue on black color scheme and find it to be sufficiently masculine for my tastes. I bought an Apple Smart Cover which hasn't arrived yet, but after reading comments online to the effect that the Smart Cover leaves scratches on the side of the iPad where it attaches, I will be returning it upon receipt. A case should protect from scratches, not add scratches. I highly recommend the Targus VuScape protective cover/stand. Targus VuScape Protective Cover/Stand for Apple iPad 2 - 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, WiFi and WiFi + 3G THZ044US (Black/Blue Interior)

I've been very happy with this case. Here's why...



PROS

-Fits like a glove: The iPad slides in and stays secure. It doesn't slide out at all and remains steady when resting in the viewing grooves

-Protection: Covers the front and back without adding a ton of bulk to the device overall

-Look/feel: Feels sturdy and looks classic. Pretty slim overall too

-Button / Speaker Access: This case lets you easily access the side buttons and does not block the speaker at all. The iPad 1 had buttons on the side and a speaker on the bottom of the frame. Since Apple moved the buttons and speaker to essentially the back of the device, you need to make sure you can access them without peeling back the side of the case

-Price: $39.99 is as good as it gets in this field. Same price as a Smart Cover but protects the back of your iPad and does not leave streak marks on the screen, like Apple's Smart Covers do



CONS

-Color: this is a personal thing but I wish the inside was black too instead of blue, but again that's just me

-No Magnets: would have been nice to have since it's a cool new trick but doesn't make a big difference in the end. I knew this before I bought it so I'm not knocking the case but just saying



No other cons but ONE CLARIFICATION based on other reviews I've seen: Some people have complained that two of the corners do not stay tight on their iPad. This is because they are NOT supposed to. The bottom of the iPad must be free to swing out and fit into the grooves for viewing angles. Those corners are just there to protect the corners of your iPad when the case is closed. The iPad does not slide out of the top grips that do hold it in. Those work just fine.



Overall, I think it's a great case. I was originally looking at the incase Book Jacket but this one has much better button / speaker access and is a bit thinner too. I definitely recommend it to others.

In my 1 week of use, I really do like it. It meets my needs for protection and versatility. It feels good and sturdy; it props the screen up well for viewing movies on an airplane flight I took, and when folding the cover back behind the ipad itself for lap use, the material that is used to protect the inside grips well on clothing to hold pad steady. I felt confident that the ipad would be protected when I put it into my computer bag. I'm not sure how long those edge nubs will hold the pad in place, but in my opinion, I believe they will last reasonably well. I'll update my comments if I have any problems over time. So I'll keep this cover, I'm real happy with it so far.

I've had the case for a few days. Small and compact yet provides the protection I wanted in a case. The bottom clamps in lose by design so the unit easily comes out to the built in tilt positions. Sometimes the unit will slip from the tilt slots if you are holding the case in your hand vs setting up on a flat surface. This lose fit on the bottom is by design not a flaw. Overall a good value for the money. Also handled by Best Buy.

Bought this case before the new Ipad was released and I must admit it really surprised me. Works great as a stand but what's even better its very thin and light. It does not cover up the screen with annoying brackets and with the price its definitely better than the smart cover Apple offers since it actually protects your device. Also very easy to remove your ipad in and out of the case.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Ipad 2 Case Ipad 2 Case Ipad 2 Case