Tuesday 31 May 2011

Hanging File Folder Bars - office supplies, hanging folders


Not much to say about file folders, is there? I mean, they lasted all year (no tearing, some wearing), holding my students' classwork and various other paperwork. They seemed a bit expensive, but these days I order pretty much everything I need through Amazon for the convenience. Plus, now that I'm a Prime Member (best thing ever), I can think I need something, and actually have it within 2 days. Can't beat that. Smead Expandable Hanging File Pockets, Letter Size, 3-1/2-Inch-Capacity, Assorted Colors, 4 Pack (64290)

When I ordered this file pockets I thought that the concept was a good idea. File pockets that expand, yea that could work instead of the traditional pockets that, when they become over loaded, tend to bulge, lose their shape and fall off the file brackets.



Pro...they expand

Con...you have to place the files within the accordion like folds. You cannot just put a file in the pocket, you have to strategically place them in order for them to fit correctly.



I haven't actually expanded the file pockets to the maximum, so I don't know if doing so would fix the problem that I seem to have with them.



Other than that, they are file pockets. They hold files. That's what they do.

First of all, I wish the product page specified that these folders are made of cardboard. It only says it's made from 10% recycled material. I thought it was made of recycled plastic. I bought these because they are expandable and I store a lot of files. They are sturdy enough and having different colors is a plus in organizing. I would give it 5-stars because Smead is a good brand but the price is a bit steep, especially since it's only cardboard, just like any folder. - Office Supplies - File - Hanging Folders - File Folders'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information