Tuesday 31 May 2011

Ergonomic Chair - fitness ball, office chair


I had a ball chair from a different company and was pleased with it until the front ball support snapped off and I landed on the floor on my tailbone. This chair seems much more secure and I have no fear of falling off. I don't know why any of them bother with a back rest. As you have to sit on top of the ball, it's not comfortable at all to try to lean back on the support. The wheels don't lock so one must make sure one is taking the seat right on top so the chair doesn't roll backwards as you are sitting down. But overall, I do like the much sturdier feel of this chair (the other was a plastic base) and it is very comfortable if you have lower back problems. Isokinetics Fitness Ball Chair - with Black 52cm Ball and a Pump

The ball chair is an alternative way of sitting - not as challenging as i originally thought it would be because the ball is supported by a chair frame. the back rest even lets you lean back when you want. i am definately more conscience of my posture - i really love it!

The chair works great for a short period of sitting. After about an hour of sitting, my butt starts to hurt. After a day, I can harldy stand up because my rear end is so sore. The ball is harder than a normal desk chair and rounded up and out instead of a typical rounded inward chair. If you are constantly up and down or just want it as an extra chair it is fine, but I would not recommend getting it for an office chair to use 8 hours a day. The chair is sturdy and made well and the ball works great as an exercise ball. The ball is a very good quility exercise ball.

I have been using this ball chair since purchasing it in Feb, 2009. The ball sites in a metal ring with 4 caster posts and a fitting for the seat back welded to it. The casters insert into the posts and has 4 holes for adjusting the seat height by about 2 inches. The back rest attaches to the fitting on the bottom ring using two curved metal pieces. The ball chair works as described - I use it all day and it promotes good upright posture. The welds that hold the back on broke in June after 4 months of use. Since I weigh 170 lbs this seems more like a manufacturing defect than a misuse of the chair issue. I have sent the company several emails requesting a replacement part but have never received a reply. So I like the concept of the ball chair but would buy one that was better constructed.

It's a great office chair. Follow the inflationn instructions to the letter. When you first get the chair it may seem the the ball is too small. You have to fill the ball partially and let it sit over night. The ball will be able to be inflated to the full size the next day. It's comfortable, holds your body in the correct alignment, and a conversation piece. I love it.

I LOVE this chair. After several months of back pain, I bought this chair to use at work hoping it would help my posture. Within 2 days of using it, the pain was gone. I have been raving about it to everyone here. I did get some strange looks at first, but everyone wanted to try it out and they all liked it. It was easy to assemble and I received it quickly.

This is a great chair. I chose this particular chair because of the adjustable legs. I use it with the legs in the lowest position because I have short legs for being 5'6" tall. I had no trouble putting it together and the ball sits in the frame just right. I have sat on just the ball before, but this give a bit more stability and control when I get up it does not roll away getting into others way. My posture has improved and no more backaches from a degenerative disk in my lower back.

Isokinetics Fitness Ball Chair - with Choice of 52cm Ball and a Pump



I'm a 5'6" female and I'm happy with the height of the chair. The legs and backrest are adjustable which is why I chose this particular model. The assembly is easy too.



I absolutely love this chair. I've always had upper and lower back pain from sitting in regular chairs, but not with this one. It's hard to believe that I can sit all day at my desk and not feel it in my back. As a bonus I don't get sleepy like I use to, especially after lunch. I find it comfortable enough to use all day.

I like this chair, it has really help my back and everyone at work loves it. The only problem I have had is that the ball goes down into the base of the chair and drags on the floor. I have put more air in the ball but I have to pull it out from time to time, it gets stuck. - Back Relief - Ergonomic Chair - Office Chair - Fitness Ball'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information