Sunday 29 May 2011

Beard Trimmer - beard trimmer, nose trimmer


After about 4 months of use, I've been very pleased with this trimmer. Most important (to me), the rotary head cuts painlessly when trimming nose hair. That's a very desirable attribute, as you know if you've ever owned an inferior trimmer that PULLS hairs out (ouch)! This cuts very cleanly and thoroughly.



While plain looking, the trimmer and attachments appear of good quality, especially considering the $10-$13 price. The cover and heads fit tightly, yet attach/detach easily. It's also very easy to clean and has a 2 year warranty. Battery life is a tad shorter than I expected, my first battery lasted 3 months; I don't mind as long as it cuts well.



So far, this has been the best rotary-head trimmer I've owned, and at an almost unbeatable price! If I broke or lost it, I'd buy another in a heartbeat.

Won't stay in the on position. I guess if it stayed on it may do what I bought it to do but, every time you take your finger off the off.on switch it stops. I'd send it back but its to inconvenient, its already in the garbage. Don't buy one.

I used this trimmer on my husband's ears. He found it to be uncomfortable and much too loud. I reverted back to the personal trimmer we normally use. It worked much better. He has not tried the nose trimmer attachment yet, so I can't comment on that. I cannot honestly recommend this product.

I had this trimmer for several years before the plastic on one of the heads broke just enough so it wouldnt stay on unless i held it.

This trimmer worked fairly well, but was a little loud and somewhat inconvenient because you had to switch the heads back and forth to get the right angle. It only took one AA battery, which usually lasted for at least 2 months using it about every other day. It was also pretty durable, as it got knocked around the bathroom drawer and put in and out of bags and suitcases for traveling.

3 stars because it did the job but not as well as some of the others out there. As a replacement, my wife got me the Philips Norelco NT9110 Precision Nose and Ear Trimmer and it works really well. Plus, only one head.

Honestly I have purchased the Philips nose hair trimmer that has the slanted blade and my dog has destroyed it two times my fault of course for leaving out in the open. With that being said the reason I purchased the Wahl is if anything did happen to it I would only be out five buck instead of twelve. I have been trying to get this thing to work all afternoon and the problem with this unit seems to be that the motor and the blades are insufficient both in motor power and blade sharpness and quality. I did notice that the trimmer did cut a couple of nose hairs but it failed to trim them down to the skin and get rid of them. The only reason I went through with this purchase was the fact that Wahl has been around since 1919 and like some people who purchased this I also assumed that since they have been in business so long Wahl would continue to release quality products which they failed to accomplish with this trimmer. In my opinion and when I compare it to my previous trimmer the Philips slanted blade trimmer the Wahl fails at trimming nose, ear, and eyebrow hair which it claims its made to trim. I am really upset about this purchase because this trimmer seems to be more of a toy then a trimmer, you can tell the motor is very low quality I am unsure if this is the problem or its both the motor and blades that are the problem. I dont know why companies produces these low quality products that fail to do the job. Yes this trimmer is the lowest one priced on Amazon but it failed to accomplish its task which is to trim and get rid of nose and ear hairs. I have been shopping around and looked at the manual stainless steel one called the XL trimmer, but really do not feel that I need to put physical work into trimming nose and ear hairs. Maybe I will buy a third Philips trimmer and pray that I remember to not leave it laying around the house. Either way I returned the Wahl this afternoon and gave it two stars for the fact that it wasnt dead on arrival and possibly could meet the needs of someone who has very very minimal nose hair, not to say I have a lot but this just didnt work out for me and I will think twice if I plan to purchase another Wahl product. If this review was helpful vote on it thanks. - Beard Trimmer - Nose Trimmer - Mens Grooming - Ear Hair Trimmer'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information