Tuesday 30 August 2011

Arch Support - gel, dr scholls


This is the newest version of Dr. Scholl's "Extra Support" insoles. The old ones were dark green, and did not have the gel - this new version has a massaging gel portion in the heel. That is the main difference.



I've been using these for around a year now (not the same pair, multiple pairs).



Pros

- Good heel cushion, and good "cupping" of the heel.

- Decent support. Easily better than many other insoles, especially those in a lower price bracket.



Cons

- Not enough forefoot cushion! The forefoot will wear out LONG before the heel does. Why don't they put a gel forefoot as well? This insole would be fantastic!

- Price, especially when compared to how long the insole will last you.



Overall, it's not a bad insole. You could do MUCH worse. However, the cushioning in the forefoot is a huge complaint. These are designed for "bigger men"... so why ignore the forefoot by only offering the signature gel cushioning in the heel? Give us the full treatment for our money!



Take a look at what Sof Sole has to offer. The Sof Sole Athlete Insole is a better choice, you can actually see that there's a gel cushion especially for the forefoot. I liked these better, and they're not too much more expensive than these Dr. Scholl's. I have found that Sof Sole makes an insert called "Airr" (with two "R's") which don't seem to be available on Amazon. They're more expensive, but the forefoot gel is even larger than on the "Athlete" and they are the best I've tried so far.



Just be careful when you choose these insoles, experimenting can get expensive very quickly. Dr. Scholl's Massaging Gel Extra Support Insoles, Men's Size 8 to 14, 1-Pair Package

This worked great for me - very comfortable in the shoes I wear to the office every day. I have a desk job, but was looking for more comfort than in the shoes I have. They held up well for me as well, although I've probably kept them too long - almost a year. Still some support left in the arch and heel, the front half (no gel section) is not worn through, but pretty much flat now. I plan to swap these out more often in the future - every 4-6 months for me most likely.

I used these inserts for my issued uniform boots and they are amazing! I went through 4 weeks of training under pretty rough conditions and these things held up amazingly! I never had any football problems, even after being on my feet all day for a month in the same pair of boots. They offer great cushion and support on all types of surfaces and while marching, walking, and running. If you're a big guy and have trouble with your shoes, I would definitely suggest looking into using these inserts. They are well worth the money spent and I use them in all of my boots. - Dr Scholls - Arch Support - Gel'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information