Monday 29 August 2011

Hot Water Dispenser - sunbeam, coffee


Whether for tea or or hot oatmeal, this water kettle has performed perfectly. Before I purchased this I tended to use the microwave to heat water. Can't believe what a waste of time and energy that was, not to mention possibly unhealthy. This kettle is even faster than your stove top.



The interior is about 98% metal except for a very tiny amount of plastic. I didn't taste anything bad regardless and my sense of smell/taste is fairly strong.



My only concern is that the instructions clearly say to unplug the kettle when not in use. There's an auto shut-off after the water is boiled so either the manufacturer is being extra extra cautious or they believe there could be a problem. Would prefer to just leave it plugged in and not worry about it, but I follow the directions.


Ever since I got my first electric kettle, I have been a fan of them, corded or not. I went ahead and bought this one from my local Target. It works like a dream-boils water very fast, is well-designed and the handle stays cool. I can tell about where the temperature the water is at by the sound, so if I don't want it at a rolling boil, I can get it the temp I want. The best feature for me is the lid. A while ago, with another kettle, the lid fell off as I was pouring and my hand was BADLY scalded while the steam hit me, and I held on to the D*** thing and set it down in fear that the hot water would spill over the rest of me if I threw it. It was extremely painful. The lid on this kettle is ATTACHED BY A HINGE AND SNAPS SHUT SECURLY. I feel confident that the same accident and injury will not happen with this one.


I've owned a lot of electric kettles over the past 25 years. This one looks great (it's so shiny it's like a mirror), boils very fast, and most importantly, shuts off in about 12-15 seconds. I was unhappy with the best-selling Chef's Choice kettle, as it just took too long to turn off (30-45 seconds was normal). I think the water tastes better in this one also. Maybe it was a good idea after all to have ruined the Chef's Choice by accidentally putting it on top of a gas stove...


Aroma AWK-115S Hot H20 X-Press 1-1/2-Liter Cordless Water Kettle





  • Electric hot-water kettle boils up to 1-1/2 liters at cup-a-minute speed

  • 360-degree swivel base for cordless pouring; shuts off automatically after boiling

  • Water-level indicator; comfortable stay-cool handle; nondrip spout

  • Polished stainless-steel housing; removable, washable spout filter

  • Measures approximately 8 by 8 by 9 inches; 1-year limited warranty



Don't confuse the electric tea kettle with waffle irons, bread makers, esspresso machines, and veg-a-matics--this is a vital kitchen appliance. This unit, the Aroma 1.5L, is a great plus for tea drinkers. It is quick, safe, very user friendly, and has visual appeal. The methodology is far superior to a stove-top kettle for the following reasons: you're able heat the appropriate quantity of water--no more, no less--thanks to the water level marker on the side; the unit heats water much faster than the stove top; the unit shuts off once the water comes to a boil--no more head-splitting whistle, no more desperate calls to the Fire Department after you have forgotten about the back burner. Get one, you will be glad you did.


I needed a second kettle and didn't want to shell out about $90+ for another Braun WK600 Stainless kettle (which I am happy with). So I bought this Aroma. Not as heavy, but more aesthetic, boils water fast and fully satisfactory. While I have had for less than a week, it's performed very well.



One reviewer said that the "on" switch at the bottom of the pot broke. I noticed that it takes a very light touch to engage, so maybe if a heavy touch is used, this switch could break. Time will tell whether it's a durable product but at this time I'm very happy with the kettle.


It is so efficient that we often use it to heat up water before putting it in a pan on the stove. It is much faster. When we are making pasta we will put a small amount of water in a large pan and fill the teapot. The water in the pot is boiling before the water on the stove. The pot is light, even when full, and has no aftertaste like I have read some of the plastic ones do.

- Hot Water - Coffee - Sunbeam - Hot Shot - Instant Hot Water'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information