Tuesday 30 August 2011

External Speaker - sony walkman, external speaker


When searching for a new mp3 player the trail always leads me back to Sony. Its more about overall quality then brand loyalty. Over the years Sony's Walkman line has gone the distance and more. After picking up the Sony S545 16GB for myself, I bought this model for my little one.



The S-544 8gb Walkman brings it on with a crisp, color enhanced 2.4" LCD screen that is easy on the eyes. At 2" x 4" x .4", it comes in a bit larger then its older cousin. A larger body undoubtedly is required to provide support for the external speaker system. The speakers won't get confused with my home system anytime soon but they do provide an excellent source. With headphones on, this mp3 player delivers a cornucopia of sound. Missing but not that noticeable is the noise reduction feature. The on board equalizer can be tweaked to one's own preferences or users can choose one of the six presets.



The Navigation pad located directly under the screen is a breeze to operate. Three controls are located on the right side of the unit. One locks in the controls. The second one allows for easy switching from speaker to headset. Volume is the third control. The standard headphone jack and a USB port can be found on the bottom of the unit. The detachable flip out stand is an okay feature that allows for easy standing on my desk or shelf top. I would have preferred that it was permanently mounted.



The S-544 supports mp3, mp4, AAC, AVC, WMV, WMA, and PCM. PCM is Sony's version of WAV. It pairs well with Napster. Rhapsody is a no go. Downloading my playlists from Windows Media Player was a breeze without the usual hiccups associated with older mp3 players. Photo display is crisp but unlike my older Walkman, wallpaper display is a no go.



The built in FM tuner picked up all ten of my stations. With auto scanner functionality, thirty preset slots are available. The FM radio is crystal clear when using the headset as an antenna. The alarm and timer features are a nice add on. This model also has an impressive on board microphone located on the bottom of the unit. There are three voice settings. Voice playback quality was excellent. Battery life has always been biggie with Sony. On a full charge, I got almost a full thirty five hours of music.



This Sony mp3 player comes packaged with a USB cable, flip stand, ear buds, installed operating manual, and the standard one year warranty. Body finishes for the 8GB model include; black, red, pink and violet. The 16GB unit comes in a black or red body.



Economically priced, this latest edition to the Walkman line is a durable and reliable product that simply delivers. Easy to use and loaded with features, the Sony S-544 is a prime time performer. Sony S-544 8 GB Walkman Video MP3 Player (Violet)

My husband just got one of these new Sony Walkman MP3 players (black), and it is so SWEET!!! I didn't know he was going to get one, he just walked into the room and started showing me pictures from our son's wedding--super crisp--and then parts of a movie, and he played some songs. (Earlier this year he had gotten me a teal colored Ipod Nano for my birthday. The Nano is my first MP3 player, and it is cool, and incredibly TINY!) Anyway, here is what I like about the Walkman:



As I mentioned, the screen looks very sharp, and it is about 30% bigger than the one I have. It's easy to look at without straining, and see detail. It allows you to display video or photos horizontally or vertically and select auto zoom or full display.



Secondly, besides the earbuds, it has speakers. What a great idea! You can preview your music without having to plant the earbuds. The speakers' frequency response is pretty flat, so obviously it won't replace your sound system, or have the quality of private listening with the buds, but it's fine for when you want to share the music or movies you are listening to/watching. The speakers are a bit "tinny" because they are small, but the sound is clear, with no buzz--even when turned up all the way. The sound stays clear. It's good for listening to speech like Podcasts, or NPR.



Yes,I said NPR. Or any other FM radio, as a matter of fact. It has a sensitive FM tuner (something that I have always wanted in an MP3); as well as a voice recorder. The headphones also serve as the antenna, but you can use the speakers to listen, just as long as you have the buds plugged in. You can record straight from FM or from the mic and save.



My husband also likes the adjustable, 5-band equalizer with with three pre-set EQ settings, heavy, pop, and jazz, and two custom settings,that you can adjust and save. I like the fact that you can transfer files using a simple drag-and-drop with Windows explorer.



So for around $100, you can get this impressive little Sony Walkman MP3 player. It's about 50% cheaper than my Nano, but with the same memory. I really like the speakers and the screen. Of course that comes with a price, too; and mainly it is the size. This Sony is still a compact, sturdy little thing, but bigger and heavier than my little green guy. The Nano is still gorgeous and TINY, but the Walkman is a great choice if you need features like radio and speakers.



Cheers! - Mp3 Player - Sony - External Speaker - Sony Walkman'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information