Saturday 27 August 2011

Wandas Evil Scheme - white board, dryerase


I spent 10 years teaching in a blackboard and chalk environment, but I changed jobs several years ago and I've been teaching in a whiteboard and dry erase marker world ever since.



I have to admit that I was hesitant to make the switch - people don't like change, but I've come to appreciate the increased flexibility that dry erase markers can give.



I routinely use 5 or more different colors of markers in my zoology courses (black, red, green, blue, orange, and sometimes others), and I've been particularly pleased with Expo Dry Erase Markers.



I find these markers to have brilliant colors, I quite like the orange ones :-)



Of course, no marker lasts forever, and like any marker, once these start to run out or the tip dries out it's a gonner. Until then though they work great.



Likes:

- I like the fact that you can tell when the pen cap is firmly seated - a must for lengthening marker life

- I also like how the pen cap fits easily and securely into the opposite end of the marker so you don't lose it while you are writing.

- I like that fact that the color of ink in the marker is clearly indicated on the pen body.



Dislikes:

- The chisel-point tip on these markers is too fine. When a marker is brand new you have plenty of ink, but because the ink tip is so fine you have to hold the pen at a particular angle to get a wide enough like to make a bold mark that is wide enough for students at the back of a 100-seat lecture hall to see. Then by the time the pen nib gets into a workable shape to produce a nice heavy line every time you shortly run out of ink.



All in all, these are very good pens, but not without some minor issues, thus 4 stars for teaching. These would be worthy of 5 stars if they were used only for personal in-home white message board use.



I hope this was helpful.



Write-on! Expo 7-Piece Original Dry Erase Organizer Kit

The markers are dark and clearly visible, while the eraser is fairly thorough. The box comes with a plastic-molded container (as you see in the picture), with double-sided tape for easy, stable, mounting on a wall beside the whiteboard. For the low price, this is unbeatable.

They write consistantly well. Seem to last fairly long. The price is good. The eraser works as well as most other dry erase markers.



They got here fast...



I'm not sure what else to say about dry erase markers...

I use these for whiteboard teaching presentations. I love having the additional colors of Orange and Brown to the standard primary colors.

If you do any sort of technical presentation where having multiple colors is useful, this is a great purchase. I've been using EXPO markers for many years and they've never let me down. Good quality markers at a reasonable price shipped free; there's no down side to buying these.

i've been using these for a couple of weeks. At first they worked out great. Now the ones that I've used for a couple weeks aren't working so well. And whereas at first it was easy to erase the markings, now it's much harder. The ones that I've used for a couple of weeks are harder to write with and much, much harder to erase.



I understand that felt markers don't last forever, but it's only been a couple weeks.

Dido on James Stein comments.



The markers are dark and clearly visible, while the eraser is fairly thorough. The box comes with a plastic-molded container (as you see in the picture), with double-sided tape for easy, stable, mounting on a wall beside the whiteboard. For the low price, this is unbeatable.

I put this up in my room next to my whiteboard. The adhesive is small, so I had to reinforce it, but other than that the markers are new and the eraser is of decent quality. Cant beat it for the price! - Dryerase - Dry Erase - Boards - White Board'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • dry erase
  • ,
  • white board
  • ,
  • dryerase
  • ,
  • boards