Saturday 27 August 2011

Yoga Mats - manduka yoga mat, manduka mat


I've been practicing yoga (ashtanga) for a year and a half with one of these mats. This is what I think of them:

PROS:

-Durability: It just doesn't wear out. If you are worried about the environment, this one is great because it will be one for a lifetime. And Manduka claims that is made out of materials that doesn't harm the planet.

-Size: Its larger than what I need (I'm 5ft 3 in)--but that doesn't bother me or changes my practice in any way.

-Thickness: Is enough that my knees never feel uncomfortable (this used to be a problem with other mats I have tried). I do all the poses on it and never feel that it needs more cushion.

-Stability: Once you put it on the floor, it will never roll, stick to your feet/hands or change its shape in any form even if you're jumping. When new it is slippery, but just wash it with soap. Washing it will also help to eliminate the "rubbery" odor it has. If the smell doesn't completely disappear--believe me, it will eventually fade away (this was a complaint I read when I bought my Mat).



CONS:

-It's heavy. But after using it, you'll find that this is a small price to pay for all of the above. Though heavy, I still walk to my classes with it (30 min in total). The Manduka bag for this mat is good to carry it around. It's large enough--so even if your mat is not tightly rolled, it will fit inside. And it has an additional large pocket.

-Price: Its well above the average for a mat. But if it's the only mat you'll ever have, its a great investment. Manduka Black Mat Pro Yoga Package

This mat is the best I've used by far. Inexpensive PVC mats were breaking down in less than six months when regularly used for asanas where the feet, or feet and hands, are pushing in opposite directions. I truly believe this mat will out last me. I did wash it down with some household cleaners as recommended before use and it seemed to really help me stick poses. I have not used it in hot, humid conditions. I cleaned it last week with a commercial mat cleaner and while my mat is now clean and fresh smelling it became a bit less tacky. I am thinking a semi-regular wipe down with a damp towel may be a better choice. Namaste. - Yoga - Manduka - Manduka Mat - Manduka Yoga Mat'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information