Sunday 28 August 2011

Toro Snow Thrower - toro electric snow blower, electric snow thrower


Just bought this in Jan 2011 and used once. So far so good. Only complaint is the choke is rather flimsy, especially for a $400 item, and the key is in an awkward position. Pull start was easy. Haven't tried electric start yet. Toro Power Clear 180 (18") 87cc Single-Stage Snow Blower - 38272

One week after I purchase this machine, a blizzard hit us with 19" of snow and up to 4' drifts. It is not normal to get this volume of snow here. I have concerns whether the snow blower could handle the job. So I started the machine up, and started removing the snow layer at a time, running the blower for hours. After two tanks of gas the job was done. Of course if I had a bigger machine I would have finish sooner but I didn't. Great little machine that is willing to work!

The snow blower was fine for about 6 weeks. Then, I came into my garage and noticed a gas smell. There was a 2 inch round leak under the blower. I covered the leak with kitty litter to get rid of the vapors and jiggled the snow blower around to see if it leaked more. It seemed okay. I put a piece of cardboard underneath it and did not touch the snow blower for about three weeks because we had no snow. I went into my garage today and was hit with really bad gas vapors. This time it leaked about a 12 inch circle underneath it! This was bad. Especially since I hadn't even touched it at all.



t read a few online reviews that leaks were a problem with this model. I am returning it to the store where I bought it for a full refund. Good thing I wasn't on vacation or the leak could have spread and that, combined with my pilot light for my water heater, could have ended up with my house blowing up. Not a good product. I will by another brand next time. - Snow Thrower - Electric Snow Thrower - Toro Electric Snow Blower - Toro 1800'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • toro electric snow blower
  • ,
  • toro 1800
  • ,
  • electric snow thrower
  • ,
  • snow thrower