Sunday 28 August 2011

Skin Problems - acne, cleansers


I purchased Cetaphil for normal to oily skin on the whim to see if it was any different from their Gentle Skin Cleanser line. I have the most polar combination skin possible, my cheeks generally are extremely dry whereas my forehead becomes very oily. All these problems are compounded by my dermatologist's retinoid prescriptions for controlling my acne, I end up with flaky and irritated skin on top of my oil and dryness issues; what a pain!



If you are cursed with skin like mine, I would not recommend this cleanser. Contrary to what it says, it does not "removes surface oils, dirt and makeup without leaving skin tight or overly dry." It does strip all the oils off my face, but it leaves my face feeling extremely dry, to the point where my skin feels like saran wrap, tight, plastic-like, and rubbery. In addition, the cleanser has an extremely powerful fragrance that I do not enjoy and really goes against Cetaphil's other products, which they advertise as being fragrance free for those with sensitive skin.



I will stick with Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, as it is far more moisturizing, fragrance-free, and also removes facial oils. Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser, for normal to oily skin, 16.0 -Ounce Bottles (Pack of 2)

I have given this product a fair amount of time to make a final decision on whether or not I really liked it. After reading reviews I purchased it but have not seen amazing results, only more frequent breakouts!! I have used it now for several months! I do like the clean feeling it gives after you use it but, it is VERY temporary and when I go check my face out in the mirror it is already oily again after only a few hours. Yuck! I have had more breakouts since using this product and I will not purchase it again that is for sure!

I have never found that perfect product that my skin jives well with. I read about cetaphil and most people talk about it like it is the 2nd coming of cleansers. Unfortunately this product caused my skin to burn and itch and break out very badly. After 3 days my nose feels like it has lizard scales and my chin and cheeks are a minefield of pimples. I have no idea how to fix the damage that this has caused. I used my regular product today and my skin still hurts.



What i'm saying is I am not sure this is for super sensitive skin.

When I started using Cetaphil, my skin was overly sensitive. It burned and turned beat red while using this and right after using it and made my eyes water. I do have oily skin so I knew I needed to keep using this if I wanted my acne to go away. Even though I used this habitually for nearly two years, I still kept getting acne. After washing my face,my skin still felt oily (especially in summer) it also felt overly dry sometimes in winter. I realize now I should have not been using it in the eye area to remove eye makeup, but I did and my eye lashes flaked out when using this.



I know it works well as a base facial cleanser for individuals with oily and more resistant skin, that is not as acne prone (I say this because there is very little if any salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide in it) but it did not work for me. I give this cleanser a two star and not a one because I believed it helped de-sensitize my overly sensitive skin. Now I can use more potent products with out having my skin flake off and burn.

I absolutely love this product!! Not only does it leave my face feeling clean (but not dry) it has totally eliminated the mild to moderate breakouts I'd been suffering from for the past year.



Previously I used Oil of Olay (Clarfiy and Cleanse Foaming Facewash) and just about every Neutragena product for oily skin, but with Neutragena especially, I saw no improvement in my skin :( In retrospect those harsh detergents were probably contributing to the problem, causing a vicious cycle amoung my wallet, my face and the pharmacy skin care lane.



I tried Cetaphil after reading online reviews on [...], and after only 3 months, have seen major improvement (read: not one zit for over 4 wks) Admittedly it is not an overnight miracle, but the only change to my routine including diet, exercise and overall lifestyle has been this product, and I wholly attribue my clear skin to it.



I use this product 2x per day (a.m and p.m), and for my night ritual I use a disposal exfoliating sponge to help remove my makeup, followed by the Oil of Olay Beta Hydroxy night cream. Please note though that I use an eye makeup remover prior to washing my face, (as I would with any other product) and use only a light application of Mineral (powder) foundation, so I cant guarantee that Cetaphil is effective with heavier applications of makeup.



This product is clear, with a smooth consistency and a clean, pleasant scent. It does not lather, rather you massage it onto your skin for it to work its magic. I leave it on my face and neck for 30-45 seconds, then rinse. This cleanser really does rinse clean, with no dryness or tight feeling when pat your face dry, I have even stopped using an astringent/toner, and just go straight to moisturiser.



Altogether I would highly recommend this product, it is super effective yet still gentle, and is very affordably priced, just make sure you get the appropriate formula for your skin type, i.e dry vs oily!!

Everyone's skin is unique, so cleansers work differently for different people. This one works really well for my skin type -- dry except for the T-zone. My face feels clean and pleasantly tight without being overly dry. It's a good price for a quality cleanser.

I really like Cetaphil as a cleanser, but am sensitive to smells. First thing in the morning as I shower and wash my face with this cleanser I end up having a migraine within 30 minutes that lasts the whole day. It is not a pleasant smell either, it's just strong. If you have any sensitivity to smells try something else. I do like the way it cleanses though, and it is very gentle for my mildly sensitive skin. - Acne - Cleansers - Skin Problems - Facial Cleanser'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information