Tuesday 30 August 2011

Tv Stand


I needed a stand where I can put a small LCD TV on and be able to store things under the stand. This works. Thought price was a little high but couldn't find anything else that I thought could work. I'm happy with the overall product. 3M Adjustable Monitor Stand (MS80B)

We got laptops to replace our towers at the school where I work, and the tech guy just hooks the laptop up to my monitor and leaves! I'm a school counselor and every inch of desk space is precious real estate to me. I'm trying to lay out binders and transcripts and report cards, and here is this huge laptop on a docking station taking up about 15 square inches of my desk, PLUS the base of my large Dell monitor. So, I'm trying to find a sturdy metal stackable, or anything that will allow me to raise my monitor and slide the laptop under it to free up some space. No such luck. This product fits the bill nicely, and looks pretty decent (basically just fades away) while doing it. The main drawback is that I still struggle to reach behind it to turn on the laptop at the docking station, but this is really a flaw on the part of Dell, and certainly not anything that 3M can control. Mainly, at $30, the price is the biggest drawback. I would do it again, but I can see this product being at a big box store for $15-$20, not the $30 that I paid. However, it meets my needs, and I would buy it again for the same price.



A couple of notes: It is plastic, and looks like plastic. Not bad looking, but not high end.



It feels much more sturdy than the picture above indicates. It seems more horizontal than the picture shows, and I am using two of the included increments. I have plenty of room for my monitor, and room for several regular sized post-it notes around the base:)



I have a hutch-type computer desk, and my monitor is almost too tall using two of the increments. I had to lift and tilt it to get it inside the decorative facing, and it hides the top frame(?) of the monitor. One of my co-workers has a slightly different style hutch, and it looks like she has plenty of room up top. Most likely yours will fit without measuring, but you may want to get out the tape measure, just to be certain!

I use this with a 21.5" monitor that didn't come with adjustable height. It gets plenty high with three blocks but I found one block height to be enough. Overall a very sturdy and good looking monitor stand.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Tv Stand Tv Stand Tv Stand