Monday 29 August 2011

Laptop Messenger Bags - notebook bag, carrying cases


This messenger bag its huge. I have had bags before, but they felt more corporate, and this one gives me a more individual feel and look.



My one complain is the closing method, its too much of a pain to close it using the lock, so I usually end up just using the velcro, which can lead to a constant clanging noise as your walk (Which can get irritating)



Pocketing info:



There is a large pocket on the back with a Velcro close, Its large enough for papers, and can fit wider things but they will bulge.



At each end there is a Velcro pocket, fairly deep, and the one at the back is wider (good size for sunglasses)



Under the main flap is space for three pens, an ID badge, and two other pockets. The main compartment is vary large, it is divided into one space for a laptop, with a cloth strap that Velcros in to better hold the laptop, and the rest of the compartment is just as deep and I have used ti to hold upwards of 3-4 big books with out issue (Although they are still heavy :) ) Case Logic SNMB-15F 15.4-Inch Fullsize Canvas Messenger Bag with Laptop Storage (Dark Gray)

I was a little wary of buying a laptop bag without seeing it in person first, but I am really happy I went ahead and got this one. It's very well made and protects my 15.4" Dell Inspiron perfectly, plus it has a lots of little pockets on it that are perfect for holding other things - my power adapter, USB drive, pens, etc. Not to mention that it just looks really cool. I've gotten quite a few comments on it at work and whereve else I take it. I honestly couldn't be happier with this purchase.

This messenger bag is awesome. I was originally worried that there weren't going to be enough pockets, but there are more than enough. There are three pencil pockets that can hold two medium pens or pencils, there is an ID pocket on the divider between the laptop sleeve and the main pocket, there is a pocket on the back, a zipper pocket in the front, two side pockets that fit the ipod video in a thick silicone case perfectly and three small pockets for other stuff like 3x5 cards. It can carry a three inch binder, a laptop, and two or three other small text books easily. I put five good sized textbooks in it and still had enough room for my laptop in its thick carrying case. One of the most important features for me is the closer: under the pattern side is a small piece of velcro incase you don't want to use the buckle and the buckle is great because it is hard to open while being carried, so no one can pick through your bag. The down side to the buckle is that it is a little hard to get closed sometimes because the metal is just far enough off the fabric to shove the strap through. The bag overall is constructed very well, so if you want a nearly bullet proof canvas bag this is the bag to buy.

The bag is great! There's plenty of pockets and I've gotten more than a few compliments on the look of it. I just have one question... Why in the world did the designers put that stupid strap buckle on this bag? That is the absolute WORSE buckle device I've ever seen. I can get it to work okay when the bag is empt, but how useful is that. I never use buckle and thank God they put velcro on flap. Short story, it's a great bag that has a "form over function" clasp.

I want to give it 4.5 stars, only for the simple reason that only one side has the metal fixture for the strap so I don't know how long this bag will hold up. The build quality seems good, but with the strap only stitched on I have a feeling it'll fall off me like other bags I've owned in the past.



The picture doesn't quite look like the product. It is a bit lighter in the dark gray which is fine.

The bag is extremely comfortable on my shoulders. Very roomy (fits my macbook pro and some textbooks just fine), but it doesn't look much bigger than any other messenger bag I've owned. I constantly get complements on it. The bottle opener is a bit gimmicky and I tried to open something with it once with no success. There are tons of pockets that fit all kinds of things. Honestly it

I bought this bag to use at school. First impression on arrival was that the design looked like somebody drew it on with silver sharpie and spilled some paint to make random splotches. I had hoped the pattern was stitched on, but alas, that was not the case. I went over it with a black sharpie to make the design a little less obnoxious.



On the inside, the bag is nice and roomy with a padded compartment for a laptop and plenty of pockets for pens and other little things. The main compartment can hold several binders or books, a power adapter, and my lunch. Pockets on the ends are good for a water bottle, ipod, or camera. The end pockets are deep and have a flap to keep anything inside of them nice and secure. Slim pocket on the back is great for documents that you need quick access to.



The overall build is pretty good. I walked through a thunderstorm and the bag kept the contents dry, though I don't think the bag is waterproof. Brief forays into inclement weather are probably okay though.



The bad news, as mentioned in other reviews, is the flap securing strap. I traced the problem to the metal buckle. It's riveted on at all four corners, and in the middle of the top and bottom sides. The rivet catches the edge of the strap and makes it hard to insert. If they changed the strap design to fold over itself instead of having an edge, it would probably fix the problem. That or removing the middle bottom rivet. Incidentally, after about two weeks, the cloth that attached to that rivet pulled out on my bag. Strangely enough, the hole does not look torn, suggesting that the rivet missed the cloth in that section. That may just have been a defect in my bag though.



The other minor thing to note is that the shoulder strap is not padded, so if you want something cushy on your shoulders, you'll have to get that separately. I use mine as is and haven't had any problems unless I overload the bag and make it really heavy. - Notebook Bag - Carrying Cases - Notebook Computer Bags - Laptop Bag'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information