Wednesday 31 August 2011

Desktop Chargers - charger, accessories


Had to buy one of these for my new BlackBerry Torch 9800 Phone (AT&T) - which is great by the way.



I was a little concerned about the fact that the Torch does not have "charging contacts" that allow it to charge in the pod without connecting the microUSB.



Instead, the pod has a microUSB male connector sticking up that effortlessly slips into the phone when you slide it into the pod. The contours of the pod align the phone perfectly in place to make it an easy, no thought required process.



While you still may lament the lack of charging contacts on the Torch 9800, keep in mind that those do not allow you to establish a USB connection to your computer. Personally I am just using the pod as a bedside holster to prop my phone up so I can see it easily at night...if I had it on my desk it would be great to use for syncing my device and charging - all while being able to easily see the screen and use it. BlackBerry Torch 9800 Sync/Charge Pod

This product is very much what you would expect. It allows you to charge or sync your phone. I bought one for my office and one for my night stand. It's feels heavy and solid in your hand. It does exactly what it's supposed to: charge and sync your device.



My only complaint, as has been my complaint with all blackberry charging pods, is that they are overpriced. For the amount of components in it: molded plastic, usb extension cable, LED... It should be a lot cheaper. Unfortunately there aren't really any 3rd party options so I just waited out and watched every day till I found the cheapest ones with free shipping.



I definately like the viewing angle and it since I use it as an alarm clock, I'm much less likely to knock it off the nightstand when I click snooze if it's in the pod.



It's a good product, I just think it could be a little bit cheaper. Maybe in time they will come down in price.

I have been using a lot of charging pods from RIM starting with the 8330 then 9630 then 9700 and now 9800. They all work just fine and without any issues. I wished RIM made 9800 charging pod that is in vertical layout instead of a horizontal layout like this one. The horizontal layout takes up more room on my night stand. Other than that, it does what it suppose to do and that is to charge your Blackberry when you are sleeping.

As another reviewer suggested, it plugs in easier than you would think. Its MUCH easier than trying to plug in the charger manually each night. It just falls right on the plug and that's it! Oh yeah, this unit doesn't come with the actual charger, you have to supply that yourself (but it doesn't say it comes with it, so that's OK). Just clarifying for anyone wondering.

I will just second what other reviews have said: this dock feels sturdy and heavy, the Torch slides in snugly, it's easier than fumbling with a tiny plug, and it's great to have the portrait-format clock at my bedside. I'm delighted-- I love my Torch and I feel like this just completes the experience. Be aware that this dock does NOT include the cord, and the phone will not fit in it with a case on. Highly recommended!

I like the pod, it is heavy enough to be stable with the phone inserted. The only reason I did not give the product a 5-star rating is that I think it should have come with a cable. Note, the phone will not fit into the pod with any type of cover

Cradle works great, very attractive with the Torch displaying the anolog clock. Two cautions. First these come packaged with a variatiety of stuff. Mine did not come with a power cord, had to use the one that came with my phone. If I was ordering it again, I would have paid a few bucks more and gotten one the came with a dedicated cord. Second, don't expect it to fit in the cradle with any type of protector, it's not. Luckily my protector goes on and off easily. - Accessories - Cradles - Charger - Dock'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information