Monday 29 August 2011

Headset - skype, headphones


I ordered two of these headsets for use by my wife and myself while playing World of Warcraft on our PCs. We had just recently gotten voice chat via Ventrilo set up and working, and we wanted to upgrade to headsets to replace our basic speakers-and-desktop-mic setup.



Both headsets worked great right out of the box. The sound output quality is fine, both for the voice chat and the Warcraft game sounds and music. Our teammates reported that the microphone sound quality was fine as well.



The headset earpieces are small, but include some cushioning. (They definitely fit "on" the ear, not "around" the ear.) I had some ear discomfort after wearing the headset for over an hour, but it was very slight -- definitely mild enough not to be a distraction. Adjusting the earpieces forward a bit on my head (so they didn't rest directly on my ears as much) helped.



The headband is adjustable to fit various head sizes. Both my wife (5'6" with a normal head size) and myself (6'3" with a large head size) were able to adjust our headset to have it fit comfortably.



The end of the microphone is slightly "bendy," and thus the microphone's position can be fine-tuned as desired. The entire microphone stalk can also be swiveled up to be parallel to the headset's headband, to move it up and out of the way.



The hardware interface (at the end of the cord) is two standard sound plugs (that will fit standard PC sound cards) -- one for the sound output jack, and one for the microphone jack. The cord itself is a nice length, plenty long enough to plug into a PC sitting on the floor under a desk and reach the head of the user sitting on a chair at the desk.



I'm sure there are better headsets out there, but I'd say that this is an excellent headset for the price for anyone looking for an entry-level headset. Cyber AcousticsStereo Headset/Microphone, Ambidextrous design AC-201

I purchased this headset to use with my Dragon Naturally Speaking 9 program and I have been very pleased. It is the most comfortable headset I have owned without a hugh price tag. It also picks up my voice better than other ones do so that when I am dictating, there are fewer errors in what my computer hears and types. I'd highly recommend them for educational purposes as well as work and easy listening.

Three weeks after I bought this headset, the plastic inside the microphone handle broke. I fixed it with tape, but it affected the quality of the call (people would not be able to understand me properly, unless I would hold the handle). I emailed the company and sent them pictures of it. they were really nice and sent me a new one. only a few weeks later the new headset broke at the same place as the old one. I emailed the company again and got a second replacement, which is now broken too!

the quality of the plastic that holds the microphone handle in place is not good enough.

if you don't mind fixing the headset with tape once it brakes and then hold on to the handle while you're talking, this is a good headset ;-)

I bought this headphone for an interview (using skype phone) since my previous logitech died partially(my cats chew on the line. the micro still works but the sound line was broken). Disappointed with this headphone:

1) there is only sound for one ear only.

2) when I try to use the mic to make phone calls, the other side tells me there is always some sharp noise in the background and sometimes my words are repeated again and again like I am speaking in the mountain. So the micro is completely unfit for my interview purpose.

3) small ear pads and uncomfortable for long time wearing



I ended up using the mic on the partially broke logitech and the speaker on the laptop for my interview. The voice was crystal clear at least.

As executive director of a non-profit who uses Skype, I needed a headset that would allow me to work from my home office during part of the week without reducing call quality. As soon as I began using these headphones, I began to receive compliments on the audio quality of my calls. These headphones facilitate crisp, clear calls that give the impression of being in the same room as the caller. The flexible microphone is sturdy and can be bent to desired angles without appearing to weaken at all. Previous flexible microphones I have purchased seemed to weaken each time I bent them, so this is a significant improvement. The headset is solid and preserves privacy. I am able to do confidential advocacy with this headset without someone a foot away hearing the other end of the conversation. I am rough on my equipment and this headset continues to provide the same exceptional quality performance after over a month of heavy daily usage. This product reduces neckstrain and allows me to work on my computer with both hands while remaining available to callers. I recommend this product without reservation. - Headphones - Microphone - Mic - Skype'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • microphone
  • ,
  • skype
  • ,
  • headphones
  • ,
  • mic