Friday 26 August 2011

Foot And Handprint Safe Ink - baby footprint ink, handprint


I purchased this item despite the other negative reviewer, who seemed to have just received the wrong color. I ordered a black ink pad and received black. The ink works great! We took a footprint and handprint for our baby book (my daughter is 6 weeks old). I will probably add footprints to personalized items for Christmas. The ink works fantastic, and the best thing is I wiped it right off my daughter's hand and foot with a diaper wipe! No mess. Very easy to use and the memories of her tiny hands and feet will be priceless. Proudbody My Little Prints Baby-Safe Ink Pad, Black

The ink pad created very nice prints and cleaned up with just a disposable baby wipe. Although the label states ages 0-2, we were also able to use it on our 8 year old son by simply pressing the pad onto different areas of his hand. The pad is raised up out of the tray to make this easy to do.

I read the reviews on this item before I purchased it and there were many negative ones, but many positive ones as well. Most negative reviews stated that the ink pad they recieved had very little ink or was dried out. I decided to try it anyways and This unfortunately was the case for me as well. I needed to get prints of my baby's hands for a tattoo i'm getting for her and I also liked the idea of puting some on my pregnancy body cast. I tried the ink pad right away and imediately knew that it wasn't going to work for either project. I pressed her hand into the pad and the pad was hard. I pressed over and over again all over and at best her hand was light grey and barely marked the paper. I then pressed my own finger hard into the pad to see if more pressure would yield more ink, but I didn't even get enough ink on my finger for a finger print. I'm so dissapointed and upset. She grows every day and now i've lost another week and wasted money on a piece of garbage. Terrible!

The ink ran out after 2 very hard to see footprints. With a squirmy baby, you probably will need to take a couple of attempts before getting a good one and there's not enough ink to get it done. Couldn't even attempt the hands. I ended up using a water based non toxic paint that I had on hand. I shouldn't have wasted my money on this one.

Unlike the black ink pad of this same brand, the ink ever so slightly stained baby's feet for a few hours after use. On the second clean up, we used soap and water and all the ink seemed to be gone. The color is a nice bright pink. The pad color itself seems bery bright, but I think if it was any lighter lighter it wouldn't have shown up on the paper very well.

the ink pad doesn't work very well, its all dried out and even when i added water to it the ink doesn't spread evenly on my babies hands and feet and onto the paper at all. Probably a better option out there somewhere.

When my husband and I decided to use this ink to do the prints of our daughter hands and feet she was only one month, it was not easy to do it!Finally when we were able to make those prints, I freaked out a little bit because the ink doesn't come out easily!We have had to rub her feets and hands a little bit hard...the ink finally disappeared on the skin, but stay a little bit on her nails.

I purchased this product thinking I could use it to ink my 3 month old son's hands and feet to save his baby prints. The ink pad is actually really tiny, which made it hard to get the ink onto my son's hands and feet, since I had to keep turning it in different directions and at different angles to get the ink on him (though I think more ink ended up on me and the table). If the pad was larger, it would have been so easy to just press his foot on it, then onto a paper. Sigh.



I haven't tried it again because it was such a hassel. But, while ink did get all over, it washed off fairly easily - which is a plus. I'd recommend this for small stamps, or if you have something to roll on it, then onto your baby's hands or feet.

I printed many prints with this ink. The blue is a little light, but overall I liked the results. The ink stains little hands for a few hours, but after a couple washings it goes away. The company shipped my ink to me right away. My only complaint is that the picture makes it look like you are ordering all three colors, even though you are only ordering one. - Handprint - Footprints - Footprint - Baby Footprint Ink'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information