Wednesday 31 August 2011

Usb Wireless Adapter - usb adapter, wi-fi


When I received the Belkin Wireless N+ Router, I set it up it right in front of a window in my house. (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001CEYYFK/ref=cm_cr_rev_prod_title) Setup was super easy and I turned on 802.11b/g/n to all transmit/receive at the same time. I also purchased a Belkin Wireless N+ 802.11n USB Adapter (Black) (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001CF2TYC/ref=cm_cr_rev_prod_title) and installed it in my brand new Dell laptop. The combination worked flawlessly, setup was super easy, and the security was a snap to set up.



I received at least four lights all over our one story house including 80' away through a number of walls. My new laptop's built-in N-card/antenna did not work nearly as well as the Belkin N+ adapter.



I took the laptop and the Belkin N+ Adapter for a walk while keeping the window and router in my line of sight. At approximately 325' from the router, I still had full signal strength! I finally lost the signal about 380' feet from the router.



I also tried the Belkin adapter with a 7-year old, 512Mb ram HP laptop and got similar results - full signal at 325'. Belkin F5D8055 Wireless N+300Mbps USB Adapter (Black)

F5D8055 Very easy to install. Gets 270 Mbps through three walls (and around corner) at 60 feet. WORD of CAUTION: if you have Windows 7 do not use the disc to load driver. Download from Belkin Support to match V1 or V2. (it's on the adapter) I download it and was back online in less than 1 min.

Has worked fine. The router is on the far side of the house upstairs, approximately say 20-30 feet away through 1 bathroom, 1 closet and the floor to the downstairs where the laptop is. Have not used the stand yet, just have it plugged directly into the USB port on the laptop.

I purchased two of these wireless network adapters for two different Dell Precision 390 systems. They both are running MS-Windows XP Pro x64 (64-bit). According to the sales literature, technical support documentation, and technical support personnel, Belkin supports MS-Windows XP Pro x64 for this adapter. Unfortunately, the support did not come on the CD (nor did support for over half of the versions of Windows Belkin says it supports). Logging into Belkin technical support site, I found the drivers and software for the adapter, downloaded it, and successfully installed it (according to the application and its logs).



Unfortunately (second one, are unfortunately like strikes?), after rebooting the network adapter still didn't have drivers. The Windows Hardware Wizard popped up and wanted to find the drivers, which on the recommended automatic it couldn't find them.



I contacted Belkin chat support (POSITIVE thing they are 24x7 for networking). Unfortunately (ah, third one, does this mean Belkin is out?), all they could do is parrot what the documentation says. Download and install this program and everything will work. Ah, it didn't work? Surprise, you're disconnected. Connect back up via Chat and disconnect again. Third chat, third reference number, and disconnect.



Fourth person says he'll need to send this to the next level. (What does Belkin require to realize a problem really exists?) I'm told to expect a call in 24 hours. 27 hours later, still no call. I contact Belkin again and they say keep waiting.



46 hours pass from the fourth person and I get a phone call. I take the person through everything. I tried this on two different MS-Windows XP Pro x64 systems. I successfully installed the adapters (both of them) on a friend's Windows XP Pro x32 laptop, but that doesn't help me. I also tell him that after looking through the download program, I can say for sure, 100%, the MS-Windows XP Pro x64 drivers are MISSING!! They are not there, never have been there, and I want my drivers.



He says he will have to get back to me.



This is where I am at this time. All Belkin will say is it works, they keep asking me to install the drivers, their methods keep failing because the files do not exist, and they keep telling me to install the drivers. HOW? They won't tell me how to install the drivers without the necessary files!



UPDATE: It is the 1st of March 2011 and still Belkin is saying they support MS-Windows XP (all versions, I have Pro) 64-bit, but have yet to provide the drivers. I feel ripped off and robbed, as I'm stuck with products that don't work and are hence worthless!

I picked Belkin USB N Adapter at a great price during an Amazon lightening deal. I'd been looking for an inexpensive N USB Adapter for awhile but most of the ones I found were from brands I never heard of. Luckily I found this one from a reputable company like Belkin. I replaced an old USB B adapter and I get full bars now in the connection manager in Windows 7. My wireless connections are also more stable.

I have tried 5 different wireless adapters on my last two computers including two Belkins (my daughter broke the first one) and Belkin is by far the fastest. I bought this for use on my Vista machine, it installed easily and worked great until the computer itself died a month later. I bought a new computer with Windows 7, and discovered that the software that came with this adapter didn't work with Windows 7. I was able to download a Windows 7 driver and now we are back to very fast wireless action! This works way better (faster) than the Medialink and Netgear adapters I tried before this one.

Belkin Wireless N+ USB adapter is easy to install and works. I got both adapters to work in 10 minutes and there were no further adjustments needed. My kids need the Internet to work at all hours and I did not want to run network cables to the second story. I really enjoy the 6' cable that comes connected to the USB stand so I can place the adapter closer to my AT&T U-Verse unit. Signal strength is really strong and no dropped connections when going to MySpace type sites. There are less expensive USB adapters units out there but they do not deliver the quality that this has. This is money well spent. - Wi-fi - Usb Adapter - Belkin - Usb Wireless Adapter'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information