Tuesday 30 August 2011

Dlp Projector - home theater, 3d ready


I have used this item like 3 days and I bought it as a replacement for my old epson and as a complement to my benq... I have probed it in different conditions and I can describe it as follows...



At night lights on or off it simply works great in power point presentations and computer general use... the same for movies...When connected to the ps3 or my 360 images are not as good as in a lcd tv, but it was possible to play and that is normal if you consider that this projector is 800x600 and it is really cheap... When connected to my old xbox, my ps2 or the wii it works exactly as a tv, same quality... Anyway I would not recommend this unit to play new video games...



In day light conditions it continues working perfectly well... you can see the images clear even in an image 60" wide... terrific performance for such a cheap projector... I highly recommend it...



If I compare this projector to my other two ones (an expensive epson and cheap benq) I only have one thing to say... Why did'n this acer exist when I bought my first projector? This one is superior in all terms...



Acer x1161p is actually 2700 lumens, not 2500... in the economic mode image quality decreases let's say like 15% or 20 % in day light conditions but it is still ok...On the other hand, at night you cannot hardly see any difference...



If you want to buy a projector take this seriously into consideration... it's great.... And remember, a replacement lamp is only 128 bucks... Acer X1161P 3D-DLP Projector

Pros: Used mostly for presentations and occasionally to display videos, amazingly visible in a well illuminated room, minimal difference between ECO and normal mode so you can go ECO mode in any condition, cool feature to adjust light output to compensate wall paint color (so you can convert any wall into a real screen), 6000 hours lamp in ECO, low noise, very good scaling of non native resolutions tried 1280 X 800, 1366 X 768 and 1650 X 1080, I fed a 720p HD OTA TV signal of a soccer game and the picture was excellent, actually amazing for a projector in this price range, brilliant colors, lamp replacement around 120 USD, small footprint for a 2700 lumen device, very good option for a data projector at this price. Actually this is the second Acer projector I bought for my group, very satisfied with the performance.



Cons: * No audio.

* No buttons, the remote control slides in the projector housing to be used as the button station, so if you lose the remote you will suffer, so better keep the remote attached to the projector.

* Only 1 year of warranty, all other Acer projectors have 2, not sure why, however for less than 40 you can add 1 year of warranty.

* (Not a con, more like a suggestion) Seems like the auto keystone correction is too sensitive and may try to readjust the image every 5 minutes or so, that causes image flickering, so manual keystone adjustment is the way to go.



Other Thoughts: Acer is doing very good electronics at affordable prices, I have an Acer AMD laptop (4 years old now) almost indestructible and very reliable, 2 23" LCD monitors bought for less than 139 each, very satisfied with Acer, Keep the good work.

I'm really happy with this projector so far. I set up a diy screen in my backyard, and have had a couple pretty successful movie party's. Once the suns down, I can get a really good picture at over 100 inches diagonal playing a DVD off my laptop. Later in the year, when the suns dropping a little earlier, I'm looking forward to Monday night football in the backyard on my nine by five screen. The only slight negatives are the connectivity (vga or s video only),and the amount of heat the projector produces. But that's only a issue in a small room. Overall, great product for the money. Comparable to projectors twice the price.

Great picture great price. Picture doesnt fade when lights are turned on.

The bad things about this projector is no buttons on the projector (just a remote) and no audio source! I returned it because of this reason.

I initially debated between an LED projector like the Favi RIO and a lamp projector - so glad I settled on this one. Shows a great picture in a room with lights on, mainly using this for Disney movies and TV shows, as well as streaming netflix.



This isn't a 1080p image, so look elsewhere if you just have to have the sharpest image possible - but if you're just interested in watching good looking movies on a big screen this is your projector. For the prices it's unbeatable.



I bought a mount -PCMD Projector Ceiling Mount for Acer X1161P that works very well - highly recommend it for this projector - much better (and cheaper) than generic mounts.



Also bought 50' of composite cable for a tv signal from our tuner to the projector (we have an older tv that needed a digital tuner).



True, there is no audio in. No big deal. I bought a 2.1 sound system for $27 Insignia 2.1 Computer Speaker System NS-PCS21, used the aux in with a volume control for the TV tuner and DVD audio and plugged it into my laptop for neflix etc.



All of that for under $400 - a complete home theater system that I can also take outside during the summer for block parties or whatever. Definitely worth the money for my application (movies for my kids, netflix).

I was looking for a bright and versatile work-house projector and this is definitely it. Even with all the lights on in our room, and projected ~5 feet tall the projection is still easy to look at. Also awesome are the blacks, which are essentially indistinguishable from the surrounding ambient. (when showing a movie in letterbox, I don't see the top & bottom bars unless I really look for them) Once you turn the lights down a bit, then it really pops. As an experiment, I projected it out our window, and you could still see the movie (somewhat dimly) projected on the houses across the street.



I was worried about missing the extra resolution of more expensive models, but I haven't at all; movies look incredibly crisp and we run computer resolutions from 1024x768 all the way to 1600x1200 and everything is still readable when resized to 800x600 by the projector. (I almost never run computers at the native 800x600 anymore because the scaling is so good and it's like getting free anti-aliasing)



I wish the projector was instant off, but the 2-minute cool-down time goes really quick and is a lot faster than other projectors I've seen.



I see some rainbow effect, but it's only when I move my head side to side quickly; I wish it was a bit less but it's not a big distraction, and I haven't had any headaches from it.



In summary, know what you want. If you want a high resolution or refresh rate, you'll need something else; however, if you're looking for brightness and versatility, this is definitely a great choice. - Home Theater - 3d Ready'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • home theater
  • ,
  • 3d ready