Tuesday 30 August 2011

Green Onions Supply - anti glare, kindle


I hate glare. Like really hate it, if it was a person, I'd punch it in the face... well maybe slap it in the face.



Any how. I love the Kindle, but having to stair through my own reflection to read a book is a terrible experience. My own looks aside :) I want to see the words, not myself, not the sky above, not my ceiling fan, etc.



This anti glare screen protector is a great size, applies (and re-applies if you mess up) very easily and just works.



It's been on for over a month, no moving, no bubbles, nothing. If it gets smudgy or water drops on it or whatever, just wipe it clean. Green Onions Supply Anti-Glare Screen Protector for Amazon Kindle, Kindle 2 and Kindle 3 - 2 Pack

I initially bought the Boxwave screen protector as I figured I only needed one and it was cheaper. Bad choice. After several attempts to get a bubble free application, there were tiny particles under the protector which created minor bubbling. I cleaned it as instructed and ended up denting the product during the drying process. This created bubbles, though I didn't find them that distracting. Still, I'm a perfectionist and wanted a bubble free screen, so I decided to order the Green Onions product figuring it would be the same but would give me to shots at getting it right.



This screen was so much easier to apply. I had it on with absolutely no bubbling in less than 5 minutes. I fought with the BoxWave version for at least 15. Part of it may be that I have a better sense of the application process having already screwed one up (thus the beauty of the back up second protector), but I also think the quality of this product is slightly better. It seemed a bit firmer, fit the screen better (it's a tiny bit undersized whereas the BoxWave seemed a tad too big), and I didn't have to smooth out as many bubbles during the application product. I really wish I had bought this product the first time.



I found there was some debate over the need for a screen protector if you have a cover for your Kindle. After looking at the beating my iPod cover took, I figured I'd rather be safe than sorry. Chances are my screen will be fine without a protector so long as I keep the case closed when I'm traveling with my Kindle. Still, I'd rather pay the $15 instead of the cost of replacing my Kindle if I'm wrong.

I was skeptical about purchasing this screen protector since it costs significantly more than all the other Kindle screen protectors out there. After reading the negative reviews for all the other screen protectors that keep complaining about the glare I decided that if this item worked that it was well worth it.



I don't even know that this screen protector is on my Kindle. My husband said that it was easy to install and I have no glare in any situation. I know my screen is protected yet I didn't have to sacrifice any screen quality whatsoever. To me that absolutely justifies the additional cost.



My only complaint is that the screen protector should have been available for an individual purchase instead of just as a two pack.

I've tried a few different brands of screen protectors for my Kindle 2. This is the only one that looks exactly like the original screen. It's super smooth and adds no glare. Only compaint: it is perhaps a sixteenth of an inch too small in both directions, it doesn't touch the edges of the screen on all sides. It remains, however, the best screen protector for the Kindle.

This item didn't quite live up to its billing. It invariably leaves small but visible air bubbles under the surface. Yes, it comes with a little piece of plastic designed to scrape out the bubbles (or they recommend alternatively that you use a credit card), but neither really works. But it's OK. The trade-off is: a few bubbles vs. getting a scratched-up screen.

Great screen protector. I've ordered other screen protectors that claim to be anti-glare, but weren't. That claimed to be easy to install, but weren't. That left me with air bubbles that, no matter how much I smoothed them out, they kept coming back. I have been using this screen protector for a couple of months now, and I couldn't be happier. No glare, easy to install, and no air bubbles. This has been a great improvement to my Kindle reading experience.

This screen protector is decent. I just wanted to have something on the screen of my kindle "just in case". It was sort of hard to line up on the screen straight. It took quite some times to get the bubbles out. There is still one persistant bubble that just won't come out. I cannot tell that it is anti-glare at all? I checked out reviews on multiple screen protectors and they all seem to have some sort of problems. This one seems to be decent for the price.

I stupidly opened the package by cutting off the top not realizing that the contents have likely shifted and floated to the top. of course, i cut a quarter inch of the screen protector. *$&%^! Even with that mishap i applied it and it works great; its easy to apply (just read the instructions first) and it has a nice matte finish. took it to the beach and it worked great. i also like that they give you 2 of them. Unfortunately for me i chopped of a section of the other one as well. giving it 4 stars b/c i wished there was some warning on the package when re: opening (i know i am an adult and should be capable of opening w/o adult supervision but it would have helped) Happy reading! - Kindle Accessory - Kindle Screen Protectors - Kindle - Anti Glare'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


    ,
  • anti glare
  • ,
  • kindle screen protectors
  • ,
  • kindle accessory
  • ,
  • kindle