Friday 26 September 2008

Asf Lightware Solutions - book lights, kindle accessory


When I travel, either on a train or a plane, i find there is limited amount of light to read a book. No matter how or where you sit in your seat, there is no light available or limited amounts. I bought this devise to get more light on a recent train trip. well IT worked better than i thought.



After adjusting the light around my neck (which in my opinion is the largest setback to this being a 5 star product), there was enough light for me to read the novel on a train trip.



For those of you who want a light when you travel, i say get this and enjoy your trip



Bennet Pomerantz AUDIOWORLD Beam N Read LED 3 Hands Free Travel Reading Light for Kindle, Nook, & More

This light is nice and bright. Once you get the neckband adjusted to your liking, then it's great...but don't move or you may have to readjust! (See PS below) It's a good light-is much brighter than most lights but the neckband is annoying. Perhaps making a 'padding-type- thingy' to go around where it hits your neck will help -it would. I bought this not for reading but for crafts for working with small objects (but mine has 3 strenghths of magnification that can be attached). I give it 3 stars for great light but annoying neckstrap. (PS: I shorten my strap so it lies much better against my upper chest which aids the light in shining more towards my lap where my book is. This also helps with the readjustment issue I first mentioned-When it's shorter, there is less length to get 'unadjusted'= so you just slide it back to your chest). The only other con is it is rather large=doesn't fit into pockets made for eReaders. I use one of the tiny/miniature backpacks which gives me lots of room to carry my reader, this light, the magnifiers, PLUS my 'other' light, and my charger, etc and more. Works well. You'll love this light if that above doesn't bother you.

Love it - really great for power outages. Much more practical than a head lamp or a clip on book lamp. I also bought one for the husband even though he insisted he didn't need one. He now uses it almost nightly for reading in bed. Haven't used it yet for crochet, but plan to. I think it would be great for that as well.



11/26/2010 update: We just came off a three day power outage from a series of large snow storms. Our Beam N Reads were amazing - put it around your neck and go on your way in the dark hands free. With good batteries (not the ones they come with) they last forever. We didn't have to worry about changing batteries even though we had plenty on hand. We don't know what we would do without them. A wonderful, practical gift - better than a lot of usless junk out there! And it works so well for crafts even when you have power - especially if working with dark colored textiles.

Does any bedroom ever have adequate light for reading? This is the perfect eye-saver for those of us who like to read in bed. It is extra-bright, easy to adjust and gives exactly the right size light to cover a page. Highly recommended!

I have used Beam N Reads for years. I started using the Beam N Read to check on my infant children, change diapers, check on a feeding tube, etc. without needing to turn on the overhead light. When the other children were sleeping I did not want to wake them. Years later, on Halloween it was a big help finding items the kids dropped out of the stroller in the dark shadows. I could keep one hand on the stroller and the other was free to pick stuff up. The kids are older now but one recent night after they were in bed with the lights out, I used a Beam N Read with the red filter attached to apply some ointment to one of the children. When finished I turned the light out and could immediately see in the darkened room. No night blindness that would have occurred if I hadn't put the filter over the bright white light. During the occasional blackout, I can walk around the house with both hands free. I've used it when looking for papers in storage boxes in the unfinished storage space under the house - especially in spaces the overhead light doesn't reach. It's been very useful.

Worn around the neck, this has a light, adjustable strap. The reading light is said to last about 120 hours, and I've been using it for weeks and it's still going.



It came with 4 standard alkaline AA batteries and a clip-on red filter to minimize night blindness, their literature says, and to soften the light if needed. Really lightweight and flexible with a flip-up design, it's turned On by merely flipping the reflector/hood up.



I now usually have it on when I'm home. Going downstairs at night or to a darkened room, or when I just can't see something well enough, I can even save on lights by just turning this on for awhile.



For reading a book or an e-book reader, you can also reverse it if you prefer (as I do) to hold the book or e-reader higher than on your lap, and then flip the reflector/hood down instead, so that the light angles up. But if someone is sitting across from you, this may not be very comfortable for that person, as the Led lamps would be directed at their eyes too.

I've also used it, in reversed position, for piano music.



Essentially, I love that it's always available when I need extra light, and for the Kindle, at night, it provides a very even light, especially when reading in bed or in an airplane. The light, while more than adequate, is not overpowering and is less likely to bother someone else nearby who might be needing some sleep. - Book Lights - Book Light - Camping Light - Kindle Accessory'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information