Monday 29 September 2008

Gaming Keyboard - back lit, usb keyboard


This is a compact keyboard and the key layout is very poor. The keys themselves do not press down well. If you press one key then the key next to it, it gets caught and doesnt depress at times causing typos. The home key next to a half sized backspace key is a total nuiscance. When you think you backspaced you actually hit the home key sending your cursor to the beginning of the line. The company I bought this from was excellent, very responsive to me emails. I would definately do business with them again, just not on this product. Lighted USB Keyboard - Gentle crisp clear BLUE LED light illuminates each key yet stress free to your eyes - Full size Multimedia functions, One-touch internet access

I run a lot of things that just require occasional atention in an often dimly lit room and the sfot blue glow from this keyboard is just what the Doctor ordered. It's even visible in a fully lit room but totally unobtrusive at night beacause the viewing angle is set up perfectly for when you're typing, if you're off to the side you can just notice that it's lit.



The color tone is the perfect wavelength, not the harsh blue that most blue LEDs give off - it's actually very pleasing to the eyes. Just one example of what rarely happens thee days - the engineers were really thinking about the customer when they designed it.



Tocuh/feel and overall height of the keys is very good, the only complaint I have goes towards all the newer keyboards no matter who makes them - I liked it when they had a big backspace key I could easily wham at as I make a lot of mistakes when I try to type in a hurry. No matter, a little program available for free "on the net" called "Sharp Keys" allows you remap keys in seconds, I usually completely turn off the cAPS lOCK key as well as the Insert and Delete keys I just don't use - they're left over frokm the DOS and terminal days.

I rated it four stars because I do like the keyboard quite a bit. It's very good looking and feels pretty nice too. With that said, it isn't exactly what I expected. Bear in mind, though, that I wasn't sure exactly what to expect.



I have zero idea what the company means by "Silica gel using the whole technology" (from package) and "Whole silica gel technology" (online). Silica gel is the stuff in the little desiccant packets, shipped with various items, to keep humidity down. I thought the company might have mistranslated "silicone" but that wasn't the case. I wrongly expected the keys to have a smooth rubber-like feel and be really quiet, but I can't tell any real difference between it and a standard keyboard. It isn't very quiet (at least how I type) and the keys have a normal, mostly smooth, hard plastic feel. You can decide whether that's a plus or minus. Since I like the keyboard, I don't really mind. It's at least as comfortable as most OEM keyboards and, even though it's very light-weight, it feels like decent quality to me.



The blue LED back-lighting is very nice. It doesn't seem too bright, but it's visible in a fully lit room. After using it at night, I'll know more, but I think it's going to be nearly perfect.



Overall, I think it's a great keyboard. Just go in expecting a decent keyboard with good-looking lighting (that you can turn on and off) and you'll probably be satisfied. It's the only illuminated keyboard I've found at this price level and, as long as it lasts well, I'll be glad I made the purchase. The motto on the packaging is "Let's make things more perfect!". I wouldn't say it's perfect, but, for the money, it's fairly close.

No more squinting at the board in my poorly lit room! Easily seen in daytime,too.Took a day or two to get used to new size but I do the two-finger kind of typing, so no big deal.I can use a lighter touch on this,as opposed to my old one where you had to hammer the keys.I really like this board & the price is good - get it now!

I have had this item for several months now. It is THE BEST keyboard I have ever owned. I really like the way the keyboad is illuminated. Best investment in keyboards around Haven't had a single problem with it.

Overall, was exactly what I wanted. The ability to type in complete darkness. Only problem is a few of the keys you normally use often are smaller than on most keyboards. Takes a few days to get used to but after that it works great! Highly recommended for gamers! I play starcraft 2 with this daily!

Brought this for my mom Because she does a lot of late night working on the pc, and its annoying trying to watch TV with the lights on led's light up the keyboard great easy to see, only problem i have is the keyboard lay out. they took all the keys around the home button made smaller and jammed em in to a single row and made the delete key small also. other than that. it functions as a keyboard should.

I plugged it in and it lights up just the way I want it to. Then.....nothing. Windows 7 gave me the we dunno when it looked for a driver for this POS. If someone can aim at a driver for this keyboard I'll probably jump for joy and reverse this stinko review. The AVG Gear website doesn't even list this model (W9868). Had to plug my trusty unlighted keyboard to write this. Oh well.

The keyboard looks great and works fine for me. I don't really mind the little change in the layout, especially with the back space. The light was very very nice and fit the decor really well. I wish I would have purchased this one for my home instead of the expensive logitech one. I got this one for work and it seems fine so far. - Illuminated Keyboard - Usb Keyboard - Led Keyboard - Back Lit'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information